This Article is unavailable. Contact Us
Right: Construction began on the Piedras Blancas Light Station in 1874. The site now includes two of the original historic structures-a lighthouse building completed in 1875 and a fog signal building completed in 1906. The lighthouse building was originally 115 feet tall, including a first-order Fresnel lens manufactured in Paris, France.
A two-story masonry building in the historical district of Cripple Creek, Colorado was assessed to determine its present condition. The building was to be retrofitted as a casino but was suffering from over 100 years of weathering in a severe climate and recent neglect.