McCormick & Associates
helps property and business owners make their buildings and facilities accessible to persons with disabilities
. They do this by working seamlessly as expert advisors to retained architects, engineers, contractors and attorneys. With decades of related design, construction and regulatory experience, they bring practical, timely, and cost effective solutions for even the most complex of compliance challenges.
Consulting Services Include
Timothy P. McCormick, PE, CBO, CASp, President
- Site Surveys
- Implementation Plans
- Accessibility Design Requirements
- Verification of Accessible Features Placement during Construction
- Respond to Requests for information (RFIs)
- Review of Shop Drawings and Product Submittals
- Final site observation of Completed Work for Construction-related Accessibility Standards Compliance
- Issue DSA approved CASp Inspection Certificates for Legal Requirements and Benefits
- CASp Training
career spans four decades related to the construction industry. He currently specializes in ADA Accessibility
Mr. McCormick is licensed in California as both a civil engineer and a general contractor. He holds certifications as a Building Official and Plans Examiner from the International Code Council and as a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) from the California Division of the State Architect.
- Mr. McCormick's work history includes duties as a carpenter, superintendent, general contractor, civil engineer, and building official before starting his own consulting company. His construction experience spans from the simplest of residential structures to the largest of current mixed-use, campus and institutional buildings. Along the way, he developed a strong practical approach to code compliance that creates innovative solutions to meet client needs and the intent of applicable regulations.
Mr. McCormick has authored several portions of local building codes and regularly participates in the development of State of California building code amendments related to accessibility. His professional memberships include the International Code Council, California Building Officials and the Certified Accessibility Specialist Institute.
View Timothy McCormick's Expert Witness Profile