Meyer R. Rosen
is a leading consultant for the Specialty Chemical and Personal Care Industry. He is Founder & President of Interactive Consulting, Inc. (IC). Meyer provides Technical Marketing, New Business Development, Technical Consulting and Professional Editing services internationally to the Specialty Chemical, Personal Care, Cosmetic, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Allied Industries
Mr. Rosen’s company is a technology-based, management consulting firm committed to Creating & Facilitating BREAKTHROUGHS in market, product and process development by providing consulting services in a variety of areas. These include, but are not limited to: Technology Transfer, Professional Editing and Technical Writing Services, evaluation and strategic facilitation of: new and existing products, their applications, and intellectual property management. Mr. Rosen is also a technical forensic expert providing opinions for product liability, personal injury, as well as patent infringement and trade secret issues.
He currently serves on the Advisory Board to the Executive Director of the National Society of Cosmetic Chemistry. Mr. Rosen is also Editor-in-Chief (North and Latin America) for EuroCosmetics magazine (Germany) and is Editor-in-Chief of the forthcoming 1600 page book and e-book of “Harry’s Cosmetology, 9th Ed.” www.harryscosmeticology.com
Mr. Rosen is Chief Scientific Advisor and Developer of Technical Conference Programs Emeritus for United Business Media’s (UBM) HBA Global Programs as well as the former Developer and Manager of HBA’s Global International Safety and Regulatory Symposia.
He is a former organizer/moderator of the National Meeting of the American Chemical Society’s Surface and Interfacial Science Symposia, serves as a referee for various peer- reviewed technical journals, and is a member of several ASTM standards-making committees . Meyer has presented over twenty-five invited seminars.
Patents & Publications
: Mr. Rosen holds over 20 U.S. patents, has authored four books, edited a 1,000 page book "Delivery System Handbook for Personal Care and Cosmetic Products: Technology, Applications and Formulations
," is co-author of the "Rheology Modifier Handbook
," Series Editor of Elsevier’s Personal Care and Cosmetic Series, and written over 40 peer reviewed articles for technical publications.
Technology Expertise (Intellectual Property)
: Mr. Rosen provides consultation and litigation support in patent infringement, trade secret issues and licensing matters. His areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Organosilicones: Surfactants, Emulsions, Foams, Antifoams, Silane Coupling Agents
- Water Soluble Polymers, Poly(ethylene oxide), Polyethylene Glycol, and Poly (acrylamide)
- Colloid and Surface Chemistry: Stability of Dispersions, Wetting & Spreading Phenomena, Suspensions & Emulsions, Clays, Paint & Coatings, Personal Care, Cosmetics
- Flocculating and Coagulating Agents
- Applied Rheology, Rheology Modification of Aqueous & Non-Aqueous Media
Consulting Services Include
- Chartered Chemist and Fellow: Royal Society of Chemistry – London
- Nationally Certified Professional Chemist and Professional Chemical Engineer
- Fellow: American College of Forensic Examiners
- Fellow: American Institute of Chemists
- Diplomate: American Board of Forensic Examiners
- Diplomate: American Board of Forensic Engineering and Technology
- Catalyst for Novel Thinking
- Applications Oriented
- Creative Technical Solutions
- Technology Transfer
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Custom Market Research
- Technology Assessment & Evaluation
- Capture & Presentation of Complex Information
- Mind Mapping Training & Applications
View Meyer Rosen's Expert Witness Profile
- Meeting Facilitation
- Technical Meeting and Conference Organizer
- Technical Marketing
- Professional Technical Writing & Editing
- Event Planning
The skin is a miraculous organ and the cosmetic & personal care industry continues to make improvements on how to maintain the health and beauty of this organ, the largest in the body. Much of the radiant youthful glow on the skin is often achieved through the delivery of advanced, active skin care products.
The intimate, uniform and lump-free mixing of a formulation containing two or more fluid components, one being lipophilic and the other hydrophilic, with or without the addition of powdered solids, to form a stable emulsion is a complex process.
Meyer R. Rosen
This is the first single-volume handbook with the information a researcher needs to select the best rheology modifiers for his/her project. Information on 20 different types of rheology modifiers manufactured by 26 companies worldwide is described. These range from Acrylic Polymers to Xanthan Gum. This handbook was written because, in the authors' experience, the selection of a rheology modifier for specific applications is an arduous task.
Meyer R. Rosen
Novel delivery systems designed to facilitate the use of fountain of youth and other functional actives is an idea whose time has come...This must have book has been carefully designed for training, development and synergistic technology transfer across the personal care, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.