Rose Porterfield Group (RPG)
has over 30 years of experience providing Business Performance and Human Resource
services. At RPG we take a practical and aggressive approach to consulting. In three decades, RPG has worked with hundreds of companies in almost every industry sector. We have developed thousands of executives, built better teams, handled crises and mergers, and helped our clients avoid employment-related lawsuits. Our firm has published articles, books and columns on the use of consultants, testing, assessment, and developing executives in industry.
Consulting Services Include
- Assessment for Hiring and Promotion - RPG specialists include PhD level psychologists, experts in testing, interviewing and assessment, and whose full time endeavor is helping businesses raise the performance bar in their organization by hiring and promoting on the very best "fits."
- Teambuilding and Individual Coaching - RPG evaluates teams and measures their ability to overcome personal conflicts and office politics that disrupt group dynamics. They understand the effect of individual behavior on group productivity and appreciate the different communication styles of individual members.
- Crisis Conflict Solutions - RPG mediation is a cost effective, humane, and useful way to resolve workplace conflicts. Mediation works because a neutral third party facilitates meetings between parties, enabling them to stay productive and allowing participants to develop the solutions to their problems before they escalate.
- Executive Development - RPG uses sophisticated psychological assessments and tailors programs to match both the goals of the organization and the individual.
- Change Management - RPG serves as an expert adviser to help senior executives achieve company goals by providing innovative, integrated and practical solutions to align an organization's people and business strategies.
Robyn W. Porterfield, PhD - Managing Principal at RPG, spent over ten years in sales and marketing prior to completing her PhD in Industrial Psychology. While completing her PhD, Dr. Porterfield served as Director of Client Services for a Texas-based on-line psychological testing firm, consulting to management on such issues as individual and team fit, conflict resolution, hiring, coaching, and management succession planning.
As a consultant, Dr. Porterfield has assessed executives in such diverse industries as financial management, food service, telecommunications and retail. For five years, Robyn and Bob co-wrote a column for the Dallas Business Journal titled, C-Level Coach. Robyn is also a professional mediator and currently mediates for Dispute Resolution Services of Tarrant County, Texas.
Robert G. Rose, PhD, Principal at RPG, received his PhD from Florida State University. Since 1976 he has served as consultant to organizations in virtually every industry including health care, retail, IT services, manufacturing, construction, aviation, and many others. In his over 30 years as a consultant, Dr. Rose has encountered virtually every problem that an organization can experience, and has seen that good teamwork - from hiring to development - always benefits both the individual and the company.
Bob is the author of numerous articles on communication, crisis handling, and conceptualizing purpose and culture within organizations, and his books on consulting are required reading by major corporations.
View RPG's Expert Witness Profile.
Almost all of us have been to the yearly company football game, company barbeque, or happy hour. Organizations often think these events create closeness, trust, a sense of "teamwork", or even a sense of family. We love a good burger and a beer as much as anyone but in our experience the injuries, harassment and other complaints that can come from company social events may cause problems for employers. And we find that the defense that the events were "voluntary" may not hold up.
Robert G. Rose, PhD
Robert G. Rose, PhD
This book discusses testing as a critical aspect of the hiring process. Dr. Rose presents a clear, concise picture of the real issues and advantages in testing in an easy to read enjoyable format.