is a Senior Media Executive and Consultant
with over 15 years of executive-level leadership experience in the Cable and Satellite
universe including Cable, Premium and Broadcast Networks, Adult Programming, TV Everywhere (TVE), OTT (Internet Distribution), Shopping Channels, and Pay-Per-View (PPV) events
. Ms. Berlin provides consulting strategy to TV, film and financial entities, hedge funds, consumer electronics companies (CE), Silicon Beach, or any media organization in search of content acquisition or distribution guidance.
Areas of Expertise
- Cable / Satellite / Retransmission Consent Advisor for multiple research firms to educate large institutional investors on industry
- Advise MVPDs on essential successful media distribution strategy and sales, marketing, and operations best practices
- Provided instrumental industry expertise / support that contributed to SONY Playstation Vue’s launch and packaging of +85 channels, including CBS, Fox, NBC, Discovery, Scripps, Turner, Viacom, BET, FX, AMC and many more in entry-level; creation of several other packages targeted to sports fans and niche channels
- Created roadmap for several cable networks expansion into airlines, hotels, motels, and office buildings
- Crafted successful negotiation strategies for numerous cable networks seeking to extend contractual relationships with distributors
- High Level Negotiations
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Financial and Contractual support
- Organizational Structure
- Packaging & Pricing
|Cost ReductionRevenue GrowthSubscriber Acquisition and RetentionContract Database & ComplianceContractual Negotiations and StrategiesCrisis Management|
- Previously, Ms. Berlin was responsible for aspects of programming acquisitions for the DIRECTV service, including all networks available on DIRECTV’s Spanish-language package DIRECTV en Español, DIRECTV's WorldDirect international programming packages, DIRECTV's Local into Local platform, shopping channels, adult programming, DIRECTV’s airborne platforms on Continental, JetBlue and Frontier airlines, as well as the Sonic Tap music channels available on the DIRECTV platform.
Ms. Berlin contributed to DIRECTV ‘s significant subscriber base growth from 3.5M to more than 20M by negotiating and closing programming acquisition deals that continuously expanded the service offerings. As a contract specialist, she contributed millions of dollars to the bottom line from programmers’ contractual non-compliance.
Prior to DIRECTV, Ms. Berlin worked with The Learning Annex, building the company from an organization on the cusp of bankruptcy, to a profitable company with 250 classes a month, with many best-selling authors and personalities.
View Toby Berlin's Expert Witness Profile