Peter James Sullivan
Automotive, Truck, Motorcycle, ATV, Heavy Industrial Equipment, and Marine Industries Consultant Mechanical, Electronic, Brake, Steering, and Systems Performance Testing & Analysis
Consultant and Accident Reconstructionist:
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry and Physics) from Texas State University, 1984
- World Class Certified ASE Technician, ASE Certified Master Technician in Heavy Duty Truck, Passenger Car/Light Truck, Collision Repair, and Machinist, (National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence)
- 36 years of technical, academic, operational, and managerial experience in the private and commercial transportation, heavy equipment, marine, and recreational vehicle industries
- Extensive experience performing vehicle inspections and downloads of event data recorders and electronically stored information (ESI), including analysis, validation, testing, and preservation on almost all makes and models of vehicles and equipment
- Authored numerous technical training, operational, and safety manuals, developed diagnostic software, firmware, and hardware for diagnostic tool manufacturers and repair technicians. Developed industry leading shop management software for repair facilities.
- Primary areas of consultation: mechanical, automotive, CMV/truck, heavy industrial equipment, motorcycle/bicycle, marine, recreational vehicle, collision repair, tire failure analysis, testing and analysis include to include fluids, materials, and component parts, railroad/Hy-Rail, FMCSA/DOT compliance, commercial motor vehicle driver/operator qualification and compliance, job site and transportation safety claims and litigation.
Responsible for consulting with law firms, corporations, and insurance carriers as an expert witness, providing deposition, and trial testimony. Perform data downloads, including analysis, validation, and electronic testing, on almost all makes and models of vehicles and equipment. Perform accident site and vehicle/equipment inspections, documenting of accident scenes (including rapid-response), reconstruction of accidents, perform compliance audits for FMCSA/DOT/OSHA/ASTM/ANSI/State and Federal codes, statutes, and other safety requirements, the standards of care within the vehicle and equipment inspection, maintenance, service, and transportation industries. Perform product testing, product failure mode and effects analysis, laboratory testing and analysis of fluids, compounds, metals, subsystems and components, product development, heavy industrial equipment testing and analysis, fabrication of demonstrative aids, case/project strategy and management, cost control, professional photography, video, and digital microscopy, chain of custody, evidence preservation, and evidence storage. Experience presenting and testifying at binding arbitration, mediation, and OSHA Abatement Hearings.
Vehicle Event Data Recorder Specialist
Over 30 Years Experience: downloading, analyzing, and correlating data from vehicle electronic control modules. Developed electronic scan tools and data downloading and archiving software. CDR Technican Level 2, data analyst. Specializing in the downloading and hexadecimal translation of many non-supported airbag control modules.
View Peter Sullivan's Expert Witness Profile
- LITIGATION AND CLAIMS INSPECTIONS
- CRASH/ELECTRONIC DATA RECORDER/ECM DOWNLOADS AND ANALYSIS FROM ALL ON-BOARD MODULES, CONTROLLERS, AND GPS/VEHICLE TRACKING UNITS
- FORENSIC TESTING AND SCIENTIFIC ANALYSIS
- MOBILE MECHANICAL AND VEHICLE/EQUIPMENT DISASSEMBLY AND INSPECTION
- EXEMPLAR, FLUID, AND METALLURGICAL TESTING
- PRODUCT TESTING, PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT, AND PRODUCT DEFECT ANALYSIS
- WORLD CLASS, HIGHLY DETAILED REVIEW OF VEHICLE MAINTAINCE RECORDS AND DQ FILES
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY POLICIES & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER/OPERATOR QUALIFICATION & COMPLIANCE ANALYSIS
- DESIGN & FABRICATION OF ACCIDENT MODELS AND DEMONSTRATIVE AIDS
- RISK ANALYSIS CONSULTING
- SPECIALIZING IN COMPLEX ELECTRONIC, MECHANICAL, HYDRAULIC, AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS, ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL, ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING CONTROL, DIESEL ENGINE FIRES, VEHICLE FIRES, BRAKE TRANSMISSION INTERLOCK SOLENOID, KEY TRANSMISSION INTERLOCK SOLENOID AND MORE….ALL WITH AN EYE ON COST CONTROL!