Jeffrey A. Sugar, MD
has been a practicing Psychiatrist
for over 20 years. Board certified both in Child and General Psychiatry
, Dr. Sugar is the Director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Trauma Program at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine in Los Angeles, CA. He is currently co-Ward Chief on USC's Adolescent Psychiatry Inpatient Unit, and provides once weekly overnight coverage for all of USC's inpatient psychiatric services in South Los Angeles.
Dr. Sugar was the founding director of the Hathaway Children’s Clinical Research Institute where he performed funded research on the effects of interpersonal child trauma. He lectures widely on topics ranging from Psychopharmacology to Psychotherapy and Hypnosis. Dr. Sugar has presented numerous papers on child and adolescent Trauma and Dissociation.
Consulting Services Include
- Effects of Trauma and Adversity on Child Development
- Chronic Physical, Sexual or Emotional Abuse
- Psychological Trauma in the Workplace
- Date Rape / Internet Seduction
- Post-Traumatic Loss, Grief and Depression
- Psychological Effects of Injury to the Body or Brain
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
View Dr. Sugar's Expert Witness Profile
- American Psychiatric Association
- Southern California Psychiatric Society
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
|Southern California Society of Child and Adolescent PsychiatryInternational Society of Traumatic Stress StudiesAmerican Society of Clinical Hypnosis|
We examine the consumer-welfare implications of Google's project to scan a large proportion of the world's books into digital form and to make these works accessible to consumers through Google Book Search (GBS). In response to a class action alleging copyright infringement, Google has agreed to a settlement with the plaintiffs, which include the Authors Guild and the Association of American Publishers.