Dr. Gary Freedman-Harvey, PhD
, is a licensed Psychologist
with over 22 years of experience. He specializes in the areas of Neuropsychology, Geriatrics (Geropsychology), Elder Abuse Assessment, Mental Capacity Assessment, Undue Influence, Forensic Evaluations, and Professional Ethics
. With experience as a hospital Director of Psychological Services for geropsychiatric units in L.A. and Orange Counties, Dr. Freedman-Harvey provides psychological assessment and treatment services to involuntary elderly patients, those held as gravely disabled under W&I Codes, and Emergency Room and Intensive Care Unit evaluations for suicide risk.
Practicing Geriatric Psychology
for the past twelve years, Dr. Freedman-Harvey has conducted approximately 1,000 evaluations for people in crisis, residential living situations, multidisciplinary team work with psychiatrists, social workers, Adult Protective Services, probate conservators, and Offices of the Los Angeles Public Guardian.
Focus of Practice
Instructor / Lecturer / Educator Roles
- Psychological Evaluations for Mental Capacity
- Suspicion of Undue Influence Related to Contested Estates, Wills and Trusts
- Determinations of Grave Disability Due to a Mental Disorder
- Evaluation of Disability, Issues of Chronic Illness, Issues of Quality of Life, Issues of Least Restrictive Care
View Expert Witness Profile
- Lectures provided to staffs of hospitals, continuing education for attorneys, and public forums (List of lectures and topics available)
- Panelist on Standards of Mental Capacity presentation: Probate and Estate Planning Section, Orange County Bar Association
- Supervision of psychological clinical services provided to hospital staff members