Yacht Risk Management, LLC
provides consulting services to banks and finance institutions that have made, or are about to make, a large yacht loan. David R. Blancett
, Principal at Yacht Risk Management, LLC, is an Accredited Financial Counselor® (AFCPE) who specializes in Yacht Lending
: As a past president of the National Marine Bankers Association with over 30 years of experience in the marine industry, he has directed the purchase and sale of yacht loan portfolios, developed credit review procedures for yacht lenders, coordinated the foreclosure and liquidation of large yachts and managed yacht loan credit analysts and originators. Mr. Blancett retired from Wachovia Bank as a Senior Vice President and President of their First New England Financial yacht lending subsidiary in 2002.
Mr. Blancett's experience includes the design and management of national marine lending programs for First National Bank of Chicago and John Deere Credit, direction of due diligence and bid formation for the acquisition and disposition of several multimillion dollar yacht loan portfolios, formation of audit and credit review procedures, and coordination of the foreclosure and liquidation of large yachts. While at John Deere Credit, he held credit authority for loan requests up to $750,000 and regularly presented and sponsored yacht loans up to $5,000,000.
View David R. Blancett's Expert Witness Profile
- Yacht Loan Structuring - Develop Draft Procedures and Standards for Credit and Risk Manager Review
- Documentation and Insurance Review - Status of US Coast Guard Documentation, Filed Liens, Insurance Policies
- Portfolio Sales Preparation and Evaluation - Examine Portfolios Prior to Buyer Due Diligence; Bid Formation and Due Diligence for Portfolio Buyers
- Foreclosure, Repossession and Liquidation Coordination - Projection of Holding Expenses, Negotiation of Dockage and Service Liens; Coordination with Maritime Attorneys, Insurance Companies, Documentation Companies, Surveyors and Delivery Captains
- Vendor Selection and Negotiation - Negotiation of Services and Fees
One of your best clients calls and says "I am buying a large yacht. Because you have all of my other banking relationships, I would like you to finance it for me. Will there be any problems with that?"
"Esteemed Experts.com member, David R. Blancett is an Accredited Financial Counselor® (AFCPE) with over 30 years of experience in the Banking Marine industry focusing on Yacht Lending & Valuation. Principal at Yacht Risk Management, LLC, he provides Expert Witness and Consulting services to lenders, attorneys, insurance companies, and other professionals"