Thomas A. Owings
has been employed in the field of Automobile Retail Sales
since 1976. In total, he has worked in auto dealership management, including compliance, finance and accounting, for 36 years.
Over the course of his career in the auto business, Mr. Owings has experience in every facet of the auto industry and consistently produced sustained revenue and profit growth in one of the country’s most challenging markets. He has been involved in over 50,000 retail transactions and thousands of wholesales transactions, has dealt with hundreds of banks in connection with assignments of auto loans, and has negotiated the purchase or the sale of five dealerships.
Mr. Owings has 20 years of experience as a member of a nationally renowned Dealer Twenty Group sharing best practices and perfecting the use of benchmarks as a management tool to measure the effectiveness of an organization’s methods in order to prevent paradigm blindness and improve dealership’s processes and profitability.
- Thomas Owings has a demonstrated ability to convey information effectively and has excellent verbal and written communication skills. He is able to organize and present subjects in an interesting and effective manner. Additionally, Mr. Owings possesses an exceptional ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Mr. Owings has provided Expert Witness, consultation, and case preparation services in litigation to counsel representing both plaintiff and defendant. His last assignment resulted in a $46,000,000 verdict.
Areas of Expertise
- Industry Standards & Practices
- Industry Standard of Care
- Dealership Operation
- Factory / Dealership Relations
- Legal Compliance
- Employee Satisfaction
- Sales, Leasing, Finance, Parts & Service
|Loss of Good WillEminent DomainDealership TrainingNew & Used CarsCalifornia ASFA, CLRA, UCL § 17200California Single Document RuleReg Z and Truth in Lending Act|