Richard K. Hollowell
is a real estate and finance expert who specializes in Real Estate Finance, Development, Loan Workouts, Asset Management, Bankruptcy, Foreclosure, Receivership, Valuation and Property Acquisition.
Mr. Hollowell has 45 years of experience as a key executive of major banks, real estate development firms, credit companies (G.E Capital), public accounting firms, and consulting firms including, Real Estate Recovery, the J.E. Robert Companies, and Alvarez & Marsal. His clients have included insurance companies, banks, pension funds, developers, law firms, real estate operating companies, and federal agencies including the FSLIC, RTC, and FDIC.
Mr. Hollowell was one of five experts asked to speak before 20 of Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's key people on August 12, 2008 at the inception of the systemic crash of the U.S. financial markets. Highly regarded by large banks, insurance companies, pension funds, federal regulatory agencies, and real estate companies holding large portfolios of assets. He is a widely recognized international speaker and published author.
- Mr. Hollowell has over 1,000 hours of deposition testimony. His Rule 26 list includes 33 cases since 2003 and seven trial appearances in the past five years. His services are available to counsel representing both Plaintiff and Defendant.
Areas of Expertise
- Officers and Directors Professional Liability
- Lender Liability
- Loan Underwriting Standards
- Loan Risk Ratings
- ALLL Reserves
- Reorganization Plan Feasibility
- Establishment of “Cramdown” Interest Rates
- Fraudulent Transfers / Preference Actions
- General Partner Liability
- Loan Restructurings
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- CMBS Special Servicing
- Construction Delays
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Valuation Disputes
- Brokerage Disputes
- Land Development Disputes
- Portfolio Asset Management
- Real Estate Development
- Ground Leases
|Structured Real Estate TransactionsHomeowner / Developer DisputesReceivership ManagementQuantum Meruit AssessmentCondominium HotelsTimeshare / Fractionals/ Destination ResortsCondominium Association ManagementPublic Purpose Tax DistrictsTroubled Housing DevelopmentsDamages Assessment and RebuttalResidential and Commercial Construction Loans|