NAES provides the most professional and accurate certified horse appraisals plus equine litigation consulting for all breeds, disciplines, and related activities. Within the realm of litigation consulting, NAES also serves as an expert witness at trial.
At the Court's direction via a properly served subpoena, NAES is specifically called upon to provide a myriad of legal opinions in order to clarify confusing equine activities. These opinions are necessary in enabling the court in forming the correct decision.
According to Mr. Johnson, “When looking for an "equine expert," either consulting or testifying, it is important to find an individual that has a broad background in the specific areas of your interest, (i.e., training, sales, commissions, breed knowledge, trail rides, horse showing, judging, etc). It’s not necessary that the chosen "expert" have a law background, but rather an extensive horse background. Since courts often look at an expert as a "teacher," the expert should impress you with how well they comprehend the set of circumstances.”
Mr. Johnson has been deposed more than 90 times and in most circumstances cases are settled after the deposition. Mr. Johnson is considered one of the premier providers of expert witness testimony in the United States and Canada.
Selected Case Histories
- A list of over 600 recent cases in which Mr. Johnson has been asked to provide expert testimony is available on the NAES website.
Consulting Services Provided
- Review of testimony and exhibits from witness depositions
- Review of cases from retaining counsel
- Preparation of rebuttal questions
- Candid explanation to counsel on case merits or lack thereof
- Case files stored indefinitely in climate controlled conditions
- Provide either verbal or written expert opinions
- Farm operations and appraisals
- Review of opposing valuations and appraisals
- Certified Equine Appraisals (multi-breed and performance disciplines)
: “You come highly recommended from several sources. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.” - R. S. Andrus, Humphrey & Peters
View David Johnson's Consulting Profile