Margaret C. Felts
is a Litigation Consultant and Expert Witness for law firms, regulatory agencies, and private entities on Energy, Environmental, and Corporate Fraud
cases. Her specialties include:
- Pipeline Integrity Management Records and Processes
- Gas and Electric Utilities Regulatory Cases
- Oil & Gas Industry Cases
- Groundwater Contamination - Expert Knowledge of the Past 100 Years, Emphasis on CA
- Hazardous Waste Disposal and Site Cleanup
- Historical Records Research
- Since 1983, Ms. Felts has served intermittently as a technical consultant and expert witness on a number of Energy Cases for the California Public Utilities Commission, the Nevada Public Utilities Commission, CalTrans, the California Energy Commission, and a few private law firms representing claims against oil companies. Selected Major Energy cases include the SoCalGas/ Exxon Offshore Gas Treatment Plant Startup Failure, the SCE/Nevada Power Mohave Power Plant Steam Pipe Failure, the PG&E Helms Pumped Storage Power Plant Startup Failure, and the Enron and the PG&E Bankruptcy.
- Ms. Felts also served as technical consultant and expert witness on a number of Environmental Cases. Her primary clients were law firms representing the reinsurance companies of Lloyds of London. Some of the high profile cases were Aerojet, Lockheed, Raytheon, and City of Lodi. Both Aerojet and Lockheed cases included precedent-setting issues that were heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- As a primary technical consultant, Ms. Felts leads the development of factual case strategy, identifies the best team of expert witnesses, writes interrogatories, reviews data, and performs independent research to find key evidence. She provides deposition questions and advises attorneys throughout the cases. Ms. Felts drafts logical threads of technical cross examination questions and, as appropriate, testifies in court.
View Margaret Felts' Consulting Profile