Richard A. Young
, is an Aquatics Safety
expert with over 30 years of public, institutional, commercial, water park, and high-end residential pool experience. A California State Contractor, his background includes aquatic facility water treatment planning, design, equipment sales, installation, and troubleshooting.
Certifications and Affiliations
- Certified Pool Operator (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
- Aquatic Facility Operator Instructor (National Recreation and Park Association)
- Technical Adviser for the Professional Pool Operators of America
- Member, National Association of Aquatic Consultants
- Member, National Park and Recreation Association
- Member, California Pool and Spa Association
Mr. Young teaches one of the two national professional pool operators courses, develops problem solving pool mechanical equipment, and speaks at state and national conferences on pool safety and filtration systems. He has published over 30 writings in industry texts and periodicals, and is the managing editor of the 6th edition of the Aquatic Facility Operator's Manual
for the National Recreation and Park Association "AFO" course.
- Richard Young is uniquely qualified to provides expert witness services to counsel representing both Plaintiff and Defendant. He has completed mechanical work at over 500+ public, institutional and large commercial aquatic facilities. This work included total mechanical renovations comprised of recirculation, filtration, heating, chemical control and chemical feed systems.
Recent Swimming Pool-Related Cases
- Pool Design and Construction Review
- Mechanical Water Systems Analysis
- Accident and Drowning Analysis
- Pool Assessments and Reports
- Patron Injuries
- Operator Injuries
- Drowning, Near Drowning
- Pool Related Accidents
- Construction Disputes