David C. Cotton, Jr, PE, PEng, CEng, MIET
is an Engineer
focused on Telecommunications, especially Wireless
. He has many years of experience in the military and commercial wireless sectors.
Mr. Cotton is a licensed engineer in many jurisdictions in all 50 states plus DC and Puerto Rico. He is also a Professional Engineer in Canada (Saskatchewan, Ontario Chartered Engineer) and in the United Kingdom (Institute of Engineering and Technology/Engineering Council). He is chartered through and a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
Mr. Cotton has experience with:
- System Design and Optimization
- Site Compliance with FCC OET-65 and other Safety Standards - both with infrastructure and RF safety
- Setting up roaming and financial clearinghouse arrangement for small carriers
- Wireless Standards - served on 3GPP and IEEE C95 standards committees
- Mr. Cotton has served as an expert witness, primarily at zoning hearings, focused on base station / tower siting. He has also served as an expert for a litigation involving wireless roaming and potential revenues. His expertise is available to counsel representing both plaintiff and defendant, insurance companies, and government agencies. Mr. Cotton's services include site inspection, written reports, deposition, and trial testimony as needed.
Areas of Expertise
- Telecommunications, Cellular Carrier Compliance
- Towers / Site Modification - Radio Frequency Omissions
- Electromagnetic Safety
- Engineering Design
- Wireless Communications
- Radio Frequency Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Site Safety