James B. (Jay) Hibert
has been an active lender in the Commercial Banking Industry
for 30 years. Prior to forming Market Street Financial Solutions, Mr. Hibert joined the founding team of a San Diego Business bank as a Senior Vice President, and one of the owners of the privately held banking company. During this time he formed and managed the Bank’s Real Estate Loan Department. He also managed the bank’s largest real estate portfolio and was instrumental in developing secondary market relationships for the bank. Mr. Hibert's experience includes:
Business Development - Credit Administration and Management - Loan Syndication - Brokering - Loan Workouts
- Jay Hibert’s market knowledge and transactional experience has allowed him to work in a consulting and expert witness capacity for many clients over the years. He has transacted hundreds of real estate and non-real estate loan negotiations in times of economic growth as well as downturns in the economy.
Mr. Hibert's extensive credit background arms him with the understanding of how banks and other lenders operate internally. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker (BRE) and his company is a California Finance Lender and Broker through the California Department of Business Oversight. He is experienced in trial and deposition testimony and his services are available to counsel representing both Plaintiff and Defense.
Key areas of expertise in litigation work include:
View Jay Hibert's Consulting Profile
- Loan Process and Bank Loan Restructure / Workout Process
- Note Valuations / Collateral Review
- Lending Policies, Custom and Practice / Lender Liability
- Standards of Care and Fiduciary Responsibility
- Loan Underwriting and Credit Administration
- Banking Operations / Administration
- Specialty Niche in SBA Real Estate Lending
- Expert reports adherent to Federal Rule 26