Jake E. Carroll, ThD
, is an Emergency Medical Services (EMS) / Paramedic
Subject Matter Expert with over 29 years of experience. He also has specialized training and experience in Critical Incident Stress Management. He is nationally credentialed as a Defensive Driving Instructor Trainer.
Dr. Carroll's current role includes supporting EMS instructional development, training program delivery, and emergency response consultation for Benchmark Medical Services, LLC, Tennessee Valley Authority, Johnson Service Group, and Tennessee Safety and Health Council, Inc.
Dr. Carroll is the past Board Chair for the Tennessee Chapter of International Trauma Life Support, and currently serves as Regional Faculty with the American Heart Association for the Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support programs, and Chaplain for Hamilton County Emergency Services. He is also Captain of the Hamilton County Command Post, and holds memberships in the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services Educators Association, the International Association of Fire Fighters Chaplains, and the Tennessee Fire Chaplains Association.
- Dr. Carroll provides expert witness and consultation services for defense and plaintiff attorneys, risk management professionals, the general public, and governments involved in civil and criminal litigation.
Areas of Expertise
View Dr. Carroll's Consulting Profile
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS
- Emergency Vehicle Operations
|Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)Bloodborne PathogensDOT First RespondersParamedic / EMT NegligenceDefensive Driving|