Christopher M. Davey, MD, CWSP
, trained as a Pathologist at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, Florida. since 1987. Dr. Davey has practiced in Family and Geriatric Medicine
in office, hospital, and nursing home settings. He is Board certified by the American Academy of Wound Management as a Certified Wound Specialist (CWS)
and is a trained Hyperbaric Specialist
Dr. Davey has current hospital privileges in Family Practice at Edward White and St. Anthony's Hospitals in St. Petersburg, Florida. He is the Medical Director of Hyperbaric Medicine, as well as an active physician at the Edward White Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine. He has also been a consultant for American Medical Technologies in Irvine, CA on wound care dressings.
- Dr. Davey has testified extensively for both Plaintiff and Defense since 1998. His cases involve Geriatric Medical Malpractice, Causation, and Standard of Care
issues. He also has the expertise to render opinions on Cause of Death
issues due to his background in Pathology.
Areas of Expertise
- Hyperbaric Medicine - the Treatment of Severe Wounds using High Pressure Oxygen Chambers
- Wound Causation, Care, and Treatment
- Nursing Home, Assisted Living, and Hospital Standard of Care including preventable Falls, Bedsores, Pressure Ulcers, and Acquired Infections
- Cause of Death related to above
To understand how a pressure ulcer is caused by the negligence of a nursing staff and a facility, it is first important to understand what a pressure ulcer is and what happens to the body to allow them to develop.