Elliott M. Stein, MD
is a Geriatric Psychiatrist
with over 40 years of experience caring for the elderly. Dr. Stein is Board Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in General Psychiatry (October, 1979), and in Geriatric Psychiatry (April, 1991; Re-Certified, December, 2001, and in April, 2011). He is licensed to practice in California and Florida.
Dr. Stein is currently the Director of Psychiatry at the Jewish Home of San Francisco, and the Medical Director of their Geriatric Psychiatry Hospital. He treats older individuals from all over the San Francisco Bay area, typically people who have complex combination of psychiatric and medical problems.
Dr. Stein is a Member of the Task Force on Testamentary Capacity and Undue Influence
, for the International PsychoGeriatric Association. He is available to serve as an Expert Witness, do legal and forensic consultation, record review, and assessments concerning Psychiatric issues in older individuals. Dr. Stein offers his services to attorneys for both Plaintiff or Defense.
Areas of Expertise
View Dr. Stein's Consulting Profile
- Contested Wills and Trusts
- Testamentary Capacity, Undue Influence, Insane Delusions
- Geriatric Competence
- Dementia and Delirium, Alzheimer’s Disease
- Geriatric Psychiatry Evaluation and Treatment, Psychiatric Medication, Psychotherapeutic Issues
- Depression and Anxiety Disorders
- Relationship Problems between the Elderly and their Adult Children
- Aging and Mental Disorders
- Geriatric Psychiatry issues concerning Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Independent and Assisted Living Facilities
- Medicare Psychiatric Services Coding and Documentation