David G. Curry, PhD, CHFP, CSP
, consults on all aspects of Human Factors, Applied Human Performance, Ergonomics, and Safety
. He has over 30 years of experience working in accident investigation, product design and development, operational testing and analysis, and both laboratory and field research in the control / display, aviation, and surface vehicle arenas.
Dr. Curry holds graduate degrees in Experimental, Human Factors, and Cognitive/ Perceptual Psychology, Industrial Engineering, and Business. He retired as a Lieutenant Colonel from the Air Force Reserve, where he worked with the Air Force Research Laboratory in the area of display technologies, aircrew training, and pilot-vehicle interfaces.
- Dr. Curry is recognized as an expert in operator-vehicle interaction, and is both a Certified Human Factors Professional and Certified Safety Professional. He holds several patents and has or does serve as a member of national standards-making committees for a variety of organizations (e.g., ANSI, ASTM, and SAE.) Dr. Curry has provided expert testimony in both State and Federal courts.
Areas of Particular Expertise
View Dr. Curry's Consulting Profile
- Human / Machine Interface Design and Evaluation
- Human Capabilities and Limitations in Applied Environments
- Industrial Ergonomics
- Instructions and Warnings
- Perception / Vision / Visibility
- Slips / Trips / Falls
- Evaluation of Equipment / Facilities / Structures from a Human Use Standpoint
- Safety-related Issues in General