Kurt D. Humphrey
has over 30 years of commercial Microelectronics and High-Tech Materials Design and Process Development, Corporate R&D Project Management, Reverse Engineering / Failure Analysis, and Patent / SME Consulting
experience. With access to the best research tools, databases, labs and test equipment available, he is able to solve the most complex Intellectual Property technology issues.
An accomplished inventor, Mr. Humphrey holds patents in the areas of oxygen sensors, MEMS, and semiconductor process technology as a result of his innovative work with General Motors Corporation, United Technologies, and Rockwell Science Center. Before launching his own IP and patent technical consulting business, he served as Director of Engineering Programs at TAEUS International managing numerous patent evaluation and product investigation projects for several Global 25 high-tech companies in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Korea.
- Kurt Humphrey offers forensic engineering and SME services to attorneys representing both Plaintiff and Defendant. His expertise is called upon for infringement litigation, IPR/PGR petitions and responses, expert reports and testimony, prior art, invalidity and FTO searches, product investigations and reverse engineering, claim charting and proof packages, and failure analysis.
Mr. Humphrey's expert witness experience includes infringement analysis, expert reports, and testimony on behalf of Hewlett-Packard in an ITC patent infringement case, HP v. Acer, involving microprocessor architecture and operation, and failure / forensic analysis and expert trial testimony for the Houston Rockets (Plaintiff) in the LED lighting product failure / liability case, Clutch City Sports v. iLight Technologies in 2012.
Areas of Expertise
View Kurt Humphrey's Consulting Profile
- Advanced Wireless and Cellular Telecommunications Networks
- Micro / nano-electronics, Ics, MEMS, Sensors, Imagers, Photovoltaics, LEDs, Packaging
- Automotive Electronics and Systems, Smart Batteries
- Flat Panel Displays: LCD / LED / OLED / E-ink, Plasma, and LED
- Mobile Devices: Smartphones, Tablets, GPS, Wearables, etc.
- Networks and Storage, Optical Networking, Opto-electronics /Photonics
- Silicon and III-V Integrated Circuits/Devices: Digital, Analog, Mixed Signal, DRAM and NV Memory, Microprocessors, Smart Power
- Biomedical Devices
- Chemicals, Organic and Inorganic Technical Materials: Bulk, Films, and Coatings
Unfortunately, many of us at one time or another, will be a victim of an automobile accident which was simply not our fault. If you are injured, the law provides that you may be entitled to recover monetary damages for hospital expenses, medical treatment, prescriptions, lost wages, and other damages for pain and suffering. The amount of such damages differs based upon your injuries.