Phillips, Fractor, and Company (PFC)
is a boutique litigation support and consulting firm that specializes in Economic, Financial, Statistical, Managerial, Valuation, Accounting, and Complex Analyses
PFC's team is comprised of experts and consultants who blend active academic careers with real-world experience in a variety of fields. They draw on economic theory, statistical analysis, survey research, mathematics, computer science, business theories, and management best practices to conduct high quality research based on appropriate methodology to give precise insights into specific research problems which they clearly communicate in a variety of venues.
Litigation Support / Testifying Experts
- PFC's team of PhDs and other leading experts work closely with clients from the beginning to the end of each engagement, identifying key issues, selecting appropriate methodologies, conducting and supervising analysis, writing reports, and testifying or otherwise presenting results in a clear and understandable manner.
Labor and Human Capital Related Expertise
View PFC's Consulting Profile
- Asbestos & Toxic Torts - Assess damages to individuals or groups from toxic torts including asbestos. Experience includes economic loss from lost years, early death, disability, limited work life, work restrictions, and secondary damages including impact on dependents, shareholders, and companies
- Wrongful Death, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice - Estimate the present value of lost income, lost household services, lost personal services, personal consumption adjustments, and the value of life care plans. Estimate present values and annuity equivalent values of loss and economic losses from injury. Medical malpractice cases include “bad baby”, misdiagnosis, mistreatment, unlicensed technicians
- Employment Benefits and Compensation Litigation & Valuation - Valuation of contracts, appropriateness of executive compensation, valuation of stock options and incentive compensation plans, and valuation of private interests. Value wrongful termination, wrongful recruitment, failure to promote, constructive discharge, ADA "failure to accommodate," fraud, whistle blower, retribution, retaliation, etc.
- Employment & Compensation Class Actions - Analyze allegations of unpaid meal and rest breaks, unreimbursed expenses, analysis of payroll rounding policies, misclassification and job content analysis, analysis of inside worker exemptions, impact of nontraditional work schedules, unpaid and underpaid overtime, and many issues associated with prevailing wage laws
- Discrimination and Disparate Impacts - Analyze testing underrepresentation, failure to promote, income disparity, disparate impact of policy, biased pay policies, etc. Cases involve age, race, gender, orientation, religion, national origin, affiliation, and ADA related issues
- Family Law Issues, Valuations, Appropriate Compensation Analysis - Valuation of real and personal property and community and separate property, applying business valuation techniques, analyzing appropriate compensation, valuing investment portfolios and pensions, estimating future cash needs, analyzing impact of different regional cost of living, determining value of privately held businesses, and other accounting, financial, and economic applications
- Product Liability - Analyze customer records, perform actuarial type analysis on warranty claims and product failures, work with lemon law type issues, and perform surveys and focus groups to develop data regarding liability and damages in a wide range of product liability cases
- Surveys & Sampling - Provide sampling and analytical services to government agencies, trade associations, corporations, and litigants. Common applications include selecting employee records to determine the estimated impact of a compensation policy and selecting purchasers of a particular consumer item to test failure rates, determining sampling frame for randomized depositions, and creating, implementing, and analyzing surveys, focus groups, census type studies, and other types of survey and questionnaire analysis
- Statistics, Econometrics, & Forecasting - Create forecasts, "what if" simulations and models, test hypotheses, and perform custom research. Determine excessive stock trading, impact of alternative investment policies on portfolio risk and return, determine "but for" promotion patterns to assess potential glass ceiling effects, and forecast long term housing starts
- Class Actions, Mass Actions, Mass Torts - Assess commonality, or lack thereof, using economic and statistical analysis. Cases have included discrimination in a nationwide vehicle lease agreement, damages under various FLSA claims, impact on customers of tainted pharmaceutical products, wind turbine abnormally high failure rate