Georgia J. Persky RN, MBA, PhD, CLNC
, is a Columbia University trained nurse researcher with over 40 years of broad Clinical Nursing
experience and 25 years of senior leadership in healthcare organizations. She has 20 years of Surgical Nursing and Operating Room experience. Dr. Persky has expertise in the micro issues in adult patient care and the broad management, quality, and regulatory issues in hospitals.
- Dr. Persky served as Vice-President of Nursing and Patient Care Services for New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center. For nine years, she was responsible for Patient Care Services, Risk and Quality Management
and Patient Satisfaction
for a 750 bed academic hospital. She directed a $200 million budget with 33 patient services units and Care Management, Respiratory Therapy, Social Work and Admitting Departments with 9 direct reports and 2,000 patient services FTEs.
- As a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
and Quality Reviewer, Dr. Persky has investigated hundreds of Malpractice and Injury
cases as a quality reviewer and can assist in legal case review with chronologies, timelines, and evidence based reports. She has testifying experience with human resource and employee discrimination cases with ability to attest to standards of care in clinical litigation. Dr. Persky's services are available to attorneys for plaintiff and defense seeking an expert in nursing and patient care with a strong understanding of how hospitals work.
Areas of Expertise
View Dr. Persky's Consulting Profile
- Nursing Standards of Care
- Surgical and Perioperative Nursing
- Quality and Risk Management
- Fall and Pressure Ulcer Prevention
- Medical Device Safety
|Hospital Policy and ProcedureMedication SafetyNursing InformaticsHospital AdministrationState, Federal, Joint Commission Regulatory Compliance|