is a Marine and Mechanical Engineer
with two decades of experience in the marine industry including 17 years in the Dynamic Positioning Sector
- After graduating from the United States Merchant Marine Academy in 1998, Mr. Fuhrmann sailed as an engineer in the international offshore sector earning his Chief Engineer’s license. In 2008, he shifted his focus shoreside, working internationally as a consultant serving the DP sector and the marine industry at large.
Mr. Fuhrmann maintains his U.S. Coast Guard Chief Engineer’s license and continues his professional development with various continuing education coursework in project management, expert witness training, and incident / accident investigation. He is the recipient of a full scholarship to the inaugural 2014-2015 WorkBoat Strategic Leadership Program at Louisiana State University.
Mr. Fuhrmann is currently the Americas Business Director for Maritime Assurance and Consulting Ltd (MAC) and volunteers his time with focused industry groups including the National Offshore Safety Advisory Committee and the Marine Technology Society.
- Chad Fuhrmann provides expert witness services for cases involving onshore and offshore maritime issues. His services are available nationally and internationally to attorneys representing both Plaintiff and Defendant.
Areas of Expertise
View Chad Fuhrmann's Consulting Profile
- Dynamic Positioning (DP) Assurance
- Incident / Accident Investigation
- Fitness for Purpose Assessment
- Gap Analyses
- Competency Assessment
- Marine Assurance
- Operations Management
|Shipyard Newbuild and UpgradeProject ManagementFailure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)Marine SurveyRedundancy AnalysesOperations Management IssuesEngineering Ethics & Principles|