Robert Adams, PhD, PE
is a Mechanical Engineering
professional with extensive experience in Plane Bearing Technology
and the design of Automated Test Systems
. Dr. Adams has broad and in-depth knowledge of automated transfer systems design, R&D procedures and quality manufacturing processes. He has particular skill with Tribology, analytical testing, and CAD systems.
Dr. Adams is noted for the creation of Tribis’ TS-01D which incorporates a state of the art, ultra-sensitive in-situ measurement system coupled with proprietary machine automation and control logic. The prototype for this machine was used successfully in his research, usually completing up to 100 PV test permutations within a 24 hour period.
Prior to founding Tribis, Dr. Adams was an accomplished machine automation engineer. He focused on designing, building, and installing custom production machinery before retiring in 2008 from his senior leadership position at Welker Bearing Company.
Dr. Adams provides litigation support services to attorneys for both Plaintiff and Defense. He has broad experience with technological writing, public speaking, and delivering complicated presentations to lay persons in a clear and concise manner. Presently, an Adjunct Professor of Engineering at Oakland University in Rochester, MI, where he teaches both a graduate and undergraduate course: "Introduction to Lubrication, Friction, and Wear: Tribology."
Areas of Expertise
Major Achievements and Patents
- Machine Design
- Bearing Design
- Hydraulic Circuit Design
- Pneumatic Circuit Design
- Experimental Stress Analysis
|Digital Speckle Pattern InterferographyShearographyDigital HolographyPlastics & Plastics ProcessingBearing CompositesTribological Nano-Composites|
View Robert Adams' Consulting Profile
- Professional Engineer, State of Michigan, License No. 3763
- Professional Engineer, State of Florida, License No. 77351
- NCEES Record No. 56277
- Certified Open PLC Engineer
- Inventor, Tribometer, US and European Patents Pending
- Co-Inventor, Synchronizing Cylinder, US Pat. No. 6,408,736
- Co-Inventor, Three Position Cylinder, US Pat. No. 6,408,740
- Co-Inventor, Pin Clamping Device, US Pat. No. 6,786,478 & 6,913,254
- Inventor, Rod Locking Device, US Pat. No. 7,594,565
- Tribometer, US Patent Pending
- STLE Detroit Section Scholarship 2008
- SAE E. Wayne Kay Graduate Scholarship 2007