is a national authority on Retail Vehicle Leasing
. As President and General Counsel of BLC Associates, he specializes in auto finance and lease regulatory compliance, wholesale lending; residual risk management, residual value insurance auditing and analysis, financial analysis and modeling of portfolio performance, lease and loan program design, and end-of-term lease remarketing and telemarketing.
Mr. McCathren is a frequent Expert Witness
, representing Plaintiff and Defense, in auto leasing and finance-related litigation including dealer finance and insurance sale practices. He is experienced in contractual and tax aspects of leasing. In addition, he is an expert in auditing lease documentation and lease and loan pricing models.
Expert Witness Services
View Consultant Profile.
- Violations of Reg. Z, Reg. M, State Motor Vehicle Retail Installment Sale Acts, Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices
- Damage calculations related to varied loss theories of these aforementioned statutes and regulations
- Lease and Retail Installment Sale Contract (RISC) portfolio modeling including delinquency, loss and recovery projections
- Lease residual value loss modeling
- Interpretation of complex industry business contracts and modeling of alternative interpretations with large portfolios
A publicly traded dealer group, along within 15 of its dealerships, was sued on the theory that the sales of Window Etching Theft Deterrent were deceptive, misleading and part of a plan orchestrated by the dealer group to encourage and assist dealers in a deceptive sales scheme.