George J. Socha, Jr., Esq.
is an Electronic Discovery
and Automated Litigation Support
expert. Prior to forming Socha Consulting LLC in 2003, Mr. Socha was a litigation attorney for sixteen years. He is also the Co-Founder of EDRM
. Mr. Socha's clients include corporations, governmental entities, and law firms.
Expert Witness Serivces & Expertise
View Consulting Profile
- Adequacy of Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Preservation efforts
- Consequences of modifying or destroying ESI
- Adequacy of ESI processing
- Adequacy of selected forms of production
- Craft and implement e-discovery strategies
- Oversee e-discovery processes and manage costs
- Investigate a failure in the e-discovery process, prepare expert witness report, and deliver testimony
As electronic data continues to grow exponentially, organizations are finding it more and more difficult to respond to legal requests. Most corporations are following the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) as a guideline for their linear eDiscovery processes and utilizing several point solutions to individually preserve, collect, analyze, review, and process data.
This paper provides a straightforward, pragmatic overview about how legal professionals and organizations confronted with e-discovery must be able to interpret e-discovery within the context of actual expected processes, inherent risks, and the available technical solutions that can support relevant activities. Many people may have some idea about what e-discovery is, at least thematically, but many do not have a full appreciation of how to effectively engage the setup and execution of the process.