Med Fit Consulting is an Occupational and Environmental Medicine Risk Prevention company. Med Fit provides consulting services to insurers, management, safety officers, and human resource officers to reduce corporate expenditures and risk in the areas of disability and workers' compensation, regulations such as OSHA, ADA, and FMLA, and improved worker health and wellbeing. Some corporations are uncertain of their needs and desire an overview assessment of their worksite to learn how they can increase compliance and improve their work environment. Examples of Med Fit Consulting services include:
Jerald L. Cook, MD, FACOEM, is Board certified in Occupational Medicine and Public Health and Preventive Medicine. With additional experience in Environmental Medicine and Toxicology, Dr. Cook has broad background experience, serving such industries as nuclear power, firefighters, healthcare workers, police officers, veterinarians, public service, transportation, military and veterans, warehousing and retail, environmental engineering, business services, and federal government. DDr. Cook is currently the Senior Medical Officer of the Occupational Health Department at the Naval Medical Center San Diego. He has served in various leadership and subject matter expert roles within his specialty. He provides OSHA compliant medical surveillance examinations, FMCSA certification examinations, and manages federal workers’ compensation injuries and illnesses.
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or statistician are not sufficient, not credible or have been excluded. Studies have shown that doctors underestimate life expectancies and statisticians cannot provide accurate individual life expectancies. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
AMFS is the nation's leading provider of medical expert witnesses. We maintain a network of thousands of actively practicing, board-certified physician medical experts as well as expert witnesses in all other health care related fields. Since 1990 we have provided medical expert witnesses to thousands of attorneys in thousands of cases, including medical malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death, criminal and other matters. Contact AMFS now for a free case analysis with our team of U.S. based Medical Directors.