MCS Associates is a nationally recognized consulting group that has provided financial, operations and regulatory/compliance consulting services nationwide to financial institutions, insurance companies and regulatory agencies as well as real estate and financial services organizations for over 40 years. Expert Witness and Litigation Consulting are a primary focus of our services. We undertake expert witness assignments throughout the United States and our clients include several hundred leading law firms around the country, working on behalf of both plaintiff and defendant financial institutions, borrowers, depositors, investors, developers, insurance companies and their insured, securities/insurance/real estate brokers/agents, regulators and government agencies, and individuals.
Together with MCS Associates’ specialized resources in banking, financial services and real estate, we also draw on key strategic alliances in insurance, economics, academia and the securities industry to meet a wide range of expert witness needs. Our litigation experts include experienced bankers, lenders, consultants, regulators, managers, brokers & agents in insurance, real estate, and securities; insurance claims and underwriting managers; economists, accountants, appraisers, real estate analysts, and academics.
Areas of Expertise Include:
Paul F. Amoruso, CPCU, has more than 45 years of experience working for several major insurance carriers as a Senior Vice President of Claims and Operations. As a licensed insurance agent in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Florida, an New Jersey and licensed public adjuster, he is uniquely qualified to assist either plaintiff or defense attorneys on insurance related issues on local or national issues.
If you are an insurance company, insured, or law firm and need an independent review of an insurance issue regarding litigation, agency or company operations, practices or procedures, he is available to assist.
Mr. Amoruso has served as an Expert Witness in many states in both State and Federal court . Having worked in all operation areas of the insurance industry he is able to testify to the generally observed and accepted industry practices.
Areas of Expertise:
Burl Daniel, CPCU, CIC, CRM entered the Insurance Industry in 1973 and was an Insurance Agency Principal for twenty three years. He is retained as a Property and Casualty Insurance Expert Witness by attorneys representing policyholder insureds, carriers and third parties. Wide expertise in a majority of Property and Casualty insurance lines was developed over 40+ years. In the legal community he is well-known as responsive to attorney inquiries, depth of insurance experience and attention to detail. Credibility results from methodical analysis, independent research, concise reports and clear-cut answers to deposition and trial questions. Mr. Daniel maintains the professional designations CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), and CRM (Certified Risk Manager) and holds a BBA-Insurance from the University of Texas. His teaching credentials include serving as Adjunct Professor of Insurance with two Texas universities; he holds Property-Casualty and Risk Manager licenses. Areas of Expertise:
Mr. Daniel has four decades insurance experience with a diverse set of industries:
D'Andre Insurance Group, Inc. (DIG) is a certified Women Owned Small Business committed to providing clients with local and personal Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management services, at a national standard, supported by our extensive global reach for insurance capacity.
DIG's background and experience enable them to research, evaluate and communicate complex industry, policy, and coverage issues. They also specialize in new product design. Research produced by DIG has been used by several of the largest reinsurance, insurance and brokerage firms in the industry.
Principal at DIG, Carla A. D'Andre, MBA, CPCU, CLU, ARe, has over 37 years of experience as a Large Insurance Brokerage, Reinsurance, and Risk Management Specialist. She has worked with such companies as Aon, Willis, XL Capital, and Swiss Reinsurance Group in senior management, global sales, account management, with multiline expertise in coverage, compliance, and regulation. Ms. D'Andre is a frequent guest speaker, teacher and author on the topics of insurance and risk management.
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or statistician are not sufficient, not credible or have been excluded. Studies have shown that doctors underestimate life expectancies and statisticians cannot provide accurate individual life expectancies. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
Jim Leatzow has 43 of "hands-on" practical, property / casualty insurance agency experience. Leatzow has literally worn "every hat there is to wear in the P/C insurance business. He provides expert & arbitration services nationally & internationally with no charge for travel time. He is articulate, efficient & equally comfortable within the U.S. & in foreign venues. His experience includes:
Leatzow's specialties include: Agent-Broker-MGA standards of care / Bad Faith / Coverage / Agent-Broker E&O Claims / Agent-Broker custom & practice / Professional (E&O) Liability / Claims adjusting Standard of Care / Claims-made coverage / Surplus Lines issues / Underwriting / Licensing / Property / General Liability /Aviation Insurance
Listen to Jim Leaztow provide an overview of his background and expertise.