Andre S. Watson, PsyD, is a Child, Adolescent, Family, and Couples Psychologist in active clinical practice. Legally blind since age 9, he specializes in adjustment to Blindness and other sensory and physical disabilities.
Dr. Watson conducts individual short and long-term therapy with patients dealing with various DSM diagnoses, chronic mental health issues, adjustment disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, and relationship problems. He delivers child, family, and couples’ psychotherapy with diverse and underserved populations. Dr. Watson also facilitates adjustment to blindness groups for blind adolescence with the Overbrook School for the Blind. For this, and his dedication to his field, he was honored with the “Excellence in Empathy” award from Widener University.
Dr. Watson has significant teaching and public speaking experience. He delivers speeches to audiences, patients, colleagues, and readers about adjustment issues and the social and emotional changes that individuals and families may expect with a disability. Dr. Watson is the author of the book, Vision in the Dark: How Living in the Dark taught me to see the light. An accomplished athlete, he participated in the 2008 Para Olympics in Beijing, China for Judo.
Dr. Watson on Vision in the Dark
Litigation Support - Dr. Watson provides expert witness services for cases involving the social and emotional adjustment of disabilities. His services include medical record review, thorough reporting, deposition, and trial testimony as needed.
Areas of Expertise:
|Manhattan: (Mailing Address)|
275 Madison Ave., 6th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone: 212-880-3789 - Alt. Phone: 845-354-0535
|New Jersey: (Alternate Mailing Address)|
140 East Ridgewood Avenue
South Tower, Suite 415
Paramus, NJ 07652
|Orange County: (Not for Mail Service)|
673 RT. 17M
Monroe, NY 10950
|Westchester County: (Not for Mail Service)|
520 White Plains Road, Suite 500
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Shannon C. Miller, MD, DFASAM, DFAPA, NCTTP - Free initial consultation Forensic services on issues relating to alcohol or drug use, addiction, related behaviors (gambling, etc), drug testing, psychiatry, as well as the intertwining legal issues.
- Retained as Expert Witness - USA & Europe
- Both sides of the bar, civil & criminal, deposition & testimony exp.
- Active clinical practice for over 2 decades in Addiction Medicine, broadly experienced
- Board Certified in Addiction Medicine, as well as Psychiatry
- Certified in Buprenorphine treatment, and Tobacco treatment
- Distinguished Fellow, American Society of Addiction Medicine, and the American Psychiatric Association
- Awards for clinical practice, teaching, research, military service
- Senior Editor for major national Addiction Medicine textbook, editor and author for other major scholarly works relating to addiction medicine
- America’s Top Psychiatrists
- Roughly 50 medical publications including original research
- Interviews: Dateline NBC, Pravda, US News & World Report, etc.
- Strong teaching skills
- Credentials, Competence, Credibility, Communication Skills