Thomas M. Neches is an Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation, a Certified Valuation Analyst, is Certified in Financial Forensics and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. Mr. Neches, Managing Partner of Thomas Neches & Company, LLP, has thirty-two years of experience in providing expert testimony on Accounting, Business Valuation and Financial Issues.
Mr. Neches has testified on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal courts in Arizona, California, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, New York and Oregon. He specializes in applying computer database and statistical techniques to assemble and analyze voluminous and complex data. Mr. Neches holds a BA in mathematics from UC San Diego and an MS in operations research from UCLA.
|Scott D. Gilbert, PhD, has over 20 years of experience specializing in Economics and Statistics. He is an academic research economist, financial expert, and statistician, with banking sector experience. Dr. Gilbert received his PhD degree in economics in the year 1996, and before that worked as an economics research associate at the nation's central bank on the west coast, the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco. He serves as associate editor of The American Statistician, and his academic research has been published in high-quality peer-reviewed journals in the fields of Economics, Statistics, and Finance. He also has 25 years of teaching experience in economics and statistics, at University of California San Diego, Claremont Graduate School, University of Mississippi, Southern Illinois University, and Webster University. Dr. Gilbert is a Member and Board member of AAEFE (American Academy of Economic and Financial Experts), a member of the NAFE (National Association of Forensic Economics), the AEA (American Economics Association), the National Bar Association, and the CPDE (Collegium of Pecuniary Damage Experts).|
Litigation Support - Dr. Gilbert provides expert witness and litigation support services on economic matters in tort and contract law, via the consulting firm Gilbert Economics. Since 1998, he has served as an economics expert on a range of legal matters, in cases filed in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Kentucky, and Mississippi. As an expert witness he serves all Midwest states, and does not charge clients for travel time or expenses in the states of Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Minnesota, Tennessee, or Wisconsin. Dr. Gilbert uses his expertise in economics, statistics, and financial matters to assist both plaintiff and defense lawyers in tort and contract cases. As an academic and researcher, his approach to loss and damages estimation is modern and rigorous. Equally important for litigation matters, he knows that evidence documentation is key to developing useful expert opinions, and he assists attorneys in the discovery process. He also explains to lawyers weaknesses in opposing experts' views. His writing in this area has appeared in the Journal of the Missouri Bar Association, and more is (tentatively) forthcoming in the Illinois Bar Journal.
Areas of Expertise:
Erin O’Callaghan BS, MA, JD, LPC, CRC, NCC, CLCP, is a member of the International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals, International Academy of Life Care Planners, Michigan Rehabilitation Association, Michigan Bar Association and the American Board of Vocational Experts. Ms. O’Callaghan has worked diligently for 15 years as a rehabilitation professional providing the highest standards of professional ethics. She has extensive occupational knowledge of the current labor market and how limitations may impact employability and earnings capacity. She provides consultation services in the areas of: Life Care Planning - In depth analysis of medical records, injuries, relevant guidelines for case facts and future care. Application of standardized methodology in the preparation of a Life Care Plan. Written and /or verbal consultation with members of treatment team and evaluators for use in the development of a lifelong plan of care. Wage Earning Capacity - Evaluation of transferable skills, labor market information, and geographical employment opportunities subsequent to an injury or disability to determine employability and/or loss of earnings capacity. Vocational Rehabilitation - Full range of vocational rehabilitation services including vocational counseling, job seeking skills training, rehabilitation, and adjustment to disability counseling. Lien Dispute - Assessment of lien and costs assicated with litigated claims versus pre-existing medical conditions. View Erin O’Callaghan's Expert Witness Profile.
Vera Dolan is an epidemiologist with over 30 years of experience in the life and health insurance industries. She is one of the leading mortality experts in the life insurance industry. She writes underwriting manuals and policy and procedure manuals for life and health insurance companies.
Vera has testified in both state and federal court, and has been retained in over 150 cases since 2006 for plaintiffs and defense on an equal basis. She is very credible testifying in deposition and on the stand.
* Life expectancies that are personalized and accurate to the standards of the life insurance and life settlement industries. Addresses the cases when life expectancies that are simply taken from a life table or estimated by a doctor, actuary or biostatistician are too long, too short, insufficient or not credible. Addresses the cases when a complete insight into the individual's medical conditions and/or personal history of high-risk behaviors is needed to assist the judge or jury in their decision. This information often decides the case, see article for details.
* Expert in bad faith/wrongful denial of life/health insurance claims.
* Expert in life/health insurance underwriting material misrepresentation.
* Expert in medical risk assessment and underwriting issues.
* Expert in life insurance underwriting policies and procedures.
* Expert in epidemiology. Previous cases include infectious diseases, occupational and environmental exposures, pesticides and tobacco.
* Approved life expectancy expert with the U.S. Department of Justice.
* Active consultant to the life insurance industry conducting cohort mortality studies, and writing underwriting and policy and procedure manuals.
* Over 100 articles published on mortality research and underwriting.
* Friendly, clear, concise, objective and quantitative.
* There is no charge for the initial phone consultation.
* There is no charge for travel time.
Contact us to discuss your case.
Personal Injury / Wrongful Death Economic Damages Commercial Damages / Business Interruption Claims Economic Damages in Employment Matters Employment Discrimination - Statistical Analysis Business Valuations / Appraisal