Roy Theophilus Bent, Jr.
, CEO of Houston Auto Appraisers
, is a well known and respected expert and consultant in the automotive industry. He holds numerous licenses and credentials as an ASE Certified Mechanic, I-Car Collision Specialist, Licensed Auto Appraiser, Insurance Adjuster, Umpire, Mediator, Arbitrator, Classic Car Judge, and Vintage Car Historian.
An IACP Certified Auto Appraiser
and Field Inspector, Mr. Bent offers appraisal services to insurance companies, attorneys, banks, credit unions, lenders, agricultural credit corporations, accountants, government agencies, auctioneers, farmers, ranchers, transportation companies, and individual consumers. He provides the following selected consulting services:
- Diminished Value Appraisals
- Total Loss / Stolen Vehicle Appraisals
- Certified Real Estate Appraisers and Texas Homeowners Insurance Claims Assistance
- Industrial, Construction & Heavy Equipment Appraisals
- Tractor Trailer and Equipment Appraisals
- Recreational Vehicles
- Motor Homes
- Travel Trailer Appraisals
Mr. Bent is the seated President of the Bureau of Certified Auto Appraisers (BOCAA), a National Professional Appraisal Credentialing Organization that has trained, tested, and certified over 2,400 students under his leadership in the practices of IACP Certified Auto Appraisals and Litigation assistance.
In addition to his appraisal services, Mr. Bent offers Appraisal Training Certification
courses designed to properly train and educate the appraiser with the minimum requirements set forth by the Bureau of Certified Auto Appraisers. BOCAA courses include:
View Roy T. Bent's Expert Witness Profile
- IACP Certification Exam - To provide suitable training and education to the auto appraisal professional. IACPSM Certified Appraisers follow strict adherence the Bureaus’ Code of Ethics and USPAP guidelines
- Texas Adjusters Pre-Licensing Course - 40-hour Texas Adjusters Pre-licensing course approved by the Texas Department of Insurance as an alternative method of obtaining your Texas Adjusters Property & Casualty license