Robert E. Underdown, AINS, SIA, AIC, ARM, CFLC, The Insurance Archaeologist ™, is an Insurance and Risk Management Consultant with over 30 years of experience in both private & public risk management.
- Insurance - As a result of his background as a Claims Manager and Risk Manager, Mr. Underdown is in a position to provide coverage opinions based on real-world examples and on-the-job experience. He has developed a systematic method for bidding insurance programs
- Agent Broker - Mr. Underdown has decades of experience in the area of Agent/Broker (Producer) duty. In addition, Mr. Underdown has experience in the areas of Producer Compensation and Producer Contingency Commissions
- Coverage - Mr. Underdown has real-world practical experience in most areas of personal and corporate insurance coverage types from annuities to workers’ compensation
- Risk Management - As a Risk Manager for over twenty years, Mr. Underdown gained a wide variety of experience in several industries both public and private. He is experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of cost of risk allocation, loss control programs, risk performance measurements, and safety management
- Claims - With over ten years as a Claims Adjuster and Claims Manager and twenty years as a Risk Manager, Mr. Underdown has handled and supervised a great variety of claims beginning with investigating and adjusting property and casualty claims
Selected Background Experience - Mr. Underdown's past experience includes serving as Director of Risk Management for Rural/Metro Corporation, Scottsdale, AZ, where he managed $20 million risk management program and completed due diligence on 60 acquisitions in 48 months. As Assistant Vice President of Imperial Corporation, San Diego, CA, he managed special insurance for a $2 billion loan portfolio and implemented a risk management program for 60 branch offices. Mr. Underdown also served as Risk Management and Employee Benefits Manager for the City of Escondido, CA, where implemented risk management programs and completed self-funded health insurance, saving $750,000.
View Robert Underdown's Expert Witness Profile.