Lynn M. Shaffer, RN, CLNC®
, is Registered Nurse with certification in Legal Nurse Consulting
and the founder and managing member of Legal Nurse Consultants of CNY, LLC. Ms. Shaffer's 20 years of nursing experience includes clinical practice in hospitals, outpatient clinics and physician offices, and supervisory roles. She has specialized in Long Term Care / Rehabilitation
for most of her nursing career.
- Ms. Shaffer provides consulting and expert witness services for attorneys’ cases including criminal, disability, personal liability, toxic tort, and medical malpractice (specializing in long term care). As a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant, she assists insurance companies and attorneys with screening cases for merit, locating medical and nursing experts, and analyzing and interpreting medical records for both plaintiff and defense.
Ms. Shaffer's CLNC® services also include: development of reports, timelines and chronologies to highlight the significant medical events, identify adherences to and deviations from applicable standards of care, and assess injuries and identify causation issues and pre-existing contributing factors. She also attends and reports on Independent Medical Exams in the Central New York areas.
Areas of Expertise
- Geriatrics Independent Medical Examinations
- Long Term Care / Rehabilitation
- Managed Care Medical Malpractice
- Medical Records Review
- Nursing Home Malpractice
- Nursing Home Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Safety
|Nursing Home Staffing / TrainingNursing Homes Standards of CareNursing MalpracticeNursing Policy & ProceduresPersonal InjuryDisabilityWrongful Death|