LFJ Consulting Services, LLC
is a Security Consulting
firm established to offer services to Fortune 500 companies, law firms, schools, commercial real estate, governments, and the security community.
President & Chief Consultant, James A. Francis, CPP, CFSO
, has over 30 years of experience in the Security Profession
, spanning both government and industry. Mr. Francis started his security profession as a Special Agent with the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations. He later managed the security and safety program for a major division of Lockheed Missiles and Space Co., Inc. He capitalized on this broad expertise during his tenure at T&M Protection Resources and Kroll where he achieved the position of Senior Vice President at both companies.
Mr. Francis has in-depth experience in the areas of facility vulnerability analysis, Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), distinguished person protection, counter-terrorism, high-threat environment security, facility planning, guard force management, emergency management, information security, and security management system development.
- Mr. Francis brings diverse consulting experience to LFJ having consulted on projects ranging from protecting infants in a neo-natal clinic to developing counterterrorism strategies with NYPD and other US government agencies. His focus in recent years has been to simplify organizational crisis management and assist clients in effectively establishing and training a Crisis Management Team.
Both in his current role as President & Chief Consultant at LFJ Consulting Services, and in his previous roles, he has been responsible for the:
View James A. Francis' Expert Witness Profile
- Developing, Planning, and Implementing of Complete Security Programs
- Managing both Contract and Proprietary Guard Forces
- Developing and Implementing security Policies and Procedures
- Developing and Conducting Security Awareness Training Programs
- Developing and Implementing Emergency Procedures and Evacuation Plans
As was evidenced in the recent shooting incident at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida and numerous other Active Shooter incidents, the perpetrators often exhibit disturbing or threatening behavior prior to the incident but it was not dealt with sufficiently to anticipate or prevent the event. Some perpetrators also shared with other persons their intent to do harm or exhibited desires/planning to harm themselves or others.
As reported by the local ABC affiliate, on August 3, 2016 a patron of the Travelodge Motel in Costa Mesa, CA was assaulted with a tire iron while confronting suspected thieves in the adjacent parking lot. Fortunately, the patron received only minor injuries and was treated at a local hospital. As can be seen in the reference articles below, confrontation of persons attempting property crimes has often resulted in physical harm or death to the victim. In matters in which I have provided consultation, these parking lot confrontations have resulted in a beating, a stabbing, and a shooting.
A simple internet search disclosed that there were over 40 school gun incidents in 2016, many resulting in injury or death to over 30 innocent individuals. Additionally, there were numerous incidents where it was reported that school campuses were placed in Lockdown because of potential threats in the immediate neighborhood. These Lockdown situations for threats in the surrounding neighborhood of our schools are reported regularly in the news media.