is a consulting Structural Engineering
firm providing a full range of Structural and Seismic Engineering
services. Mellor offers design and detailing construction for new and existing residential and commercial building projects. They specialize in projects constructed with wood, concrete, masonry, steel, aluminum, and fiber reinforced polymer.
Principal, Ian C. Mellor, PE, SE
, is a licensed Civil and Structural Engineer
with over 30 years of experience in the construction industry.
Mr. Mellor has extensive experience in the evaluation and design of wood, steel, masonry, concrete, light gage steel, and fiber reinforced polymer structures. His background includes the seismic and structural evaluations of earthquake-damaged school buildings, modernization, and upgrade project of San Diego Unified School District and Department of Defense facilities, the evaluation and seismic rehabilitation design of historic theatres, and the seismic retrofit of unreinforced masonry buildings. Mr. Mellor was a member of the Haiti post disaster relief effort team that performed damage assessments for more than 200,000 units in and around the Port-au-Prince area.
Insurance Industry Services:
- California Structural Engineer
- California Professional Civil Engineer
- Nevada Civil and Structural Engineer
- Arizona Professional Civil Engineer
- Hawaii Structural Engineer
- Washington Civil and Structural Engineer
- Oregon Civil and Structural Engineer
- Virginia Professional Engineer
- Louisiana Professional Engineer
- New York Professional Engineer
- Model Law Structural Engineer Designation - National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (NCEES) Licensed in Utah, Colorado, and Texas
Cause and Origina Claims in both residential and commercial buildings
- Natural Disasters (Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Tornadoes, floods)
- Moisture Intrusion
- Wind damage
- Structural Fire damage / Wildland Fire damage
- Vehicle impacts
- Soils movement
- Swimming pools
- Roof tiles / slate roofs / shingle roofs
- Floor tiles
- Tree Roots
- Sloe Failures/retaining walls
- Expansive soils
- Structural collapse
- Construction vibrations
Structural engineering design and detailing of repairs for damaged buildings (construction drawings).
As structural engineers, we prepare structural calculations and stamp and sign construction drawings.
View Ian Mellor's Expert Witness Profile