Timothy P. McCormick, PE, CBO, CASp, President
career spans four decades related to the construction industry. He currently specializes in ADA Accessibility
Mr. McCormick is licensed in California as both a civil engineer and a general contractor. He holds certifications as a Building Official and Plans Examiner from the International Code Council and as a Certified Access Specialist (CASp) from the California Division of the State Architect.
- Mr. McCormick's work history includes duties as a carpenter, superintendent, general contractor, civil engineer, and building official before starting his own consulting company. His construction experience spans from the simplest of residential structures to the largest of current mixed-use, campus and institutional buildings. Along the way, he developed a strong practical approach to code compliance that creates innovative solutions to meet client needs and the intent of applicable regulations.
Mr. McCormick has authored several portions of local building codes and regularly participates in the development of State of California building code amendments related to accessibility. His professional memberships include the International Code Council, California Building Officials and the Certified Accessibility Specialist Institute.
- Mr. McCormick provides expert review of construction drawings and inspection of buildings for compliance with applicable codes, regulations, and practice standards. He has specialized knowledge in accessibility design and construction requirements mandated under the Federal Fair Housing Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and California Building Code.
His expert knowledge and code development work make him a much sought expert for litigation, construction and training needs. His expertise is available to counsel representing both plaintiff and defendant.
Areas of Expertise
View Timothy McCormick's Consulting Profile
- Review of Construction Drawings
- Building and Land Use Codes
- Code Compliance Building Inspection
- ADA Accessibility Design Requirements