Michael F. Richards is a Banking Expert Witness and Consultant with more than 34 years of experience. His experience as a Founder, President, and Director of two De-Novo banks and the head of a work-out department for a regional bank give clients and attorneys a crucial behind-the-scene understanding of all aspects of banking.
Mr. Richards' experience in heading a work-out department provides a wealth of knowledge in litigation testimony from the perspective of a bank officer. He has extensive experience in Lending, Lender Liability, Banking Operations, Regulatory Oversight, Policies, Procedures, and Standards of Care in the Banking Practice. Mr. Richards' represents both Plaintiffs and Defendants. Over the past 7 years he has been retained in over 95 cases in 33 different states.
Areas of Expertise:
- De Novo Start-ups / Fundraising
- Banking Practices, Policies, and Procedures
- Standards of Care
- Bank Officers’ / Directors’ Conduct, Actions, Negligence
- Banking Operations
- Credit Analysis
- Loan Review
- Loan Documentation
- Bank Regulations / Law
- Commercial and Real Estate Lending Practices
- Consumer Lending Practices
- Forensic Commercial Loans
- Lender Liability
- Loan Participation and Documentation
- Troubled Debt Restructuring Practices, Workouts, Forbearance
- Collection Practices
- Loan Commitment Issues
- Loan Guarantee Issues
- Bank Credit Administration and Credit Policy Issues, Customs and Practices
- Real Estate Appraisal
- Bank Fraud
- Bankruptcy, Fairness of Interest Rates "Cramdown"
Successful discovery and depositions require an understanding of the problem loan process in banking.
Selecting the appropriate expert is a very important issue and there have been many articles written about the subject.