Brent D. Berkman, CFE, CPA/CFF, CGMA
, is a Forensic Accounting, Fraud Examination, Financial, and Taxation
Expert with over 40 years of Accounting experience. Certified in Financial Forensics and Fraud Examination, he is a licensed CPA in Florida, Illinois, Maryland, and Ohio.
Mr. Berkman has broad experience with fraud examination, prevention, and deterrence. He has been involved in high-profile confidential investigations, piecing together financial puzzles to resolution. Mr. Berkman also has particular experience with investment schemes, securities fraud, mortgage fraud, real estate fraud, healthcare fraud, financial institution fraud, healthcare fraud, and other occupational and consumer fraud.
- Mr. Berkman's industry experience includes Community Banks, Home-Builders, Common Interest Realty Associations, Assisted-Living, Regulatory Accounting, Long-Term Contract Accounting, Utilities, Hospitality, Multi-location Restaurants, Manufacturing, Automobile Dealerships, Retail, Health Care, Entertainment, Private Equity Funds, Publicly-Traded Partnerships, Regulated Investment Companies, Real Estate Investment Trusts, and Taxable REIT Subsidiaries.
- An expert in Forensic Accounting
, Mr. Berkman provides expert witness services to attorneys representing both plaintiff and defendant. His services include thorough research, reports, deposition, arbitration, and trial testimony as needed.
Areas of Expertise
- Municipal Bonded Debt
- Contract Interpretations including Partnership Agreements
- Financial Analytical Analysis / “Flow of Funds”
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate including REITs, Private Equity Funds, Affordable Housing, Homebuilders, Contractors, Hospitality, Entertainment / Performing Artists, Health Care and Financial Services, Common Interest Realty Associations, and Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Estates, Trusts, Charitable Trusts, Private Foundations, Guardianships, High Net Worth, Divorce & Family, Pass-through Entities Including Partnerships, Publicly-Traded Partnerships, LLCs, LLLPs, Disregarded Entities, S-Corporations, and Q-Subs
- Partnerships and contributed property (Sec 704c)
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Bankruptcy, and Controllership Services
- Business Valuations and Structured Finance
- Qualified / Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Arrangements
- Reconstruction of Accounting Records including Deferred Tax Positions
- U.S., Multi-State, and Foreign Tax Services, including tax Controversy Representations
- Credits & Incentives including Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Historic Tax Credits