Teo Ernst, PsyD, ABPP
, is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist
licensed in California and Washington State. He is board certified in forensic psychology, a fellow of the American Academy of Forensic Psychology, and an Assistant Clinical Professor in the UCSF Department of Psychiatry.
Dr. Ernst has specialized expertise in the assessment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
. As a trauma expert, Dr. Ernst chose to complete an additional year of fellowship training in PTSD at the San Francisco Veterans Hospital. He is additionally frequently retained to conduct a diverse range of civil and criminal evaluations including, but not limited to, mitigation evaluations (juvenile & adult), competency/capacity evaluations, personal injury evaluations, mental state at the time of the offense evaluations, violence risk assessment, and employment evaluations.
- Dr. Ernst has completed over 300 Forensic Psychological Evaluations during the course of his career. He is currently a Qualified Medical Evaluator for the California Department of Industrial Relations and serves as a member of the Criminal Panel for Psychological and Psychiatric Experts for multiple Superior Courts. Dr. Ernst's past professional experiences including providing treatment and expert testimony as a member of medical staff of Napa State Hospital and completing VA forensic evaluations on veteran's alleging psychiatric injury from military trauma.
Areas of Expertise
- Assessment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Personal Injury Evaluations
- Employment Evaluations
- Assessment of Civil and Criminal Competencies
- Violence Risk Assessment / Threat Assessment
- Mitigation Evaluations
- Capital Sentencing Evaluations
- MSO Evaluations
- Assessment of Neuropsychological Functioning
- Assessment of Malingering
|Independent Medical Exams (IME)Trial ConsultationDisability EvaluationsDrug Abuse / Drug AddictionsAnxiety DisordersBipolar Disorder (Manic Depression)Depressive DisordersPanic DisordersSchizophrenia AssessmentsViolence Evaluations|
View Dr. Ernst's Consulting Profile
|San Francisco Office|
703 Market, Suite 410
San Francisco, CA 94103
1402 Park St., Suite C
Alameda, CA 94501