Matthew I. Stein, PE
, principal of Stein Design, has 12 patents to his name, 30+ years of Mechanical Engineering
experience specializing in Product Design & Development
, and 10+ years of Expert Witness
experience with Patent Litigation
and Product Liability
. Multiple Injury
cases relating to drinking fountains or involving the use of Safety Showers/Eyewashes
. He has designed highly successful products for industry leaders such as Hewlett Packard, Seagate, IGT, Duraflame, Plantronics, and Haws.
- Mr. Stein’s background as a National Merit Scholar, MIT graduate, and bestselling author, combined with his extensive media experience on television, radio and in public speaking engagements, make him a formidable expert witness who is not only technically savvy but also presents exceptionally well in front of judge and jury.
Most cases settled out of court, but in one patent infringement case where Stein was the key expert witness for plaintiff, the jury awarded an 8 figure judgment, and in a recent liability case where Stein testified on behalf of plaintiff, the jury awarded $1.8 Million. As a former world class rock climber, and licensed general contractor, he can also offer testimonial on climbing accidents and job site safety.
Expert Witness Experience
Areas of Expertise
- 21 cases total (15 patent related, 2 related to trade secrets, and 4 related to product liability)
- Authored approximately 34 expert reports
- Provided deposition on 12 different occasions
- Provided expert witness court testimonial on multiple days for each of 3 jury trials
View Matthew Stein's Consulting Profile
- Patent Infringement and/or Invalidity
- Consumer Product Design & Liability
- Cash Machines & Paper/Membrane Handling Devices
- Telephone Head Sets & Small Scale Sonar Devices
- Water Filtration, Drinking Fountains, & Misc Plumbing Products
- Safety Showers & Eyewash Equipment
- ANSI/ISEA/OSHA for Emergency Eyewash & Shower Equipment
- Plumbing Fixtures & Valves
- Medical Filters
- Photovoltaic Panels
- Plastic Part Design & Application
Matthew Stein, PE
Disasters often strike without warning and leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Yet armed with the right tools and information, survivors can fend for themselves and get through even the toughest circumstances. This book provides a thorough, practical guide for how to prepare for and react in many of life's most unpredictable scenarios.
Matthew Stein, PE
This book, comprehensive primer on sustainable living skills—from food and water to shelter and energy to first-aid and crisis-management skills—prepares you to embark on the path toward sustainability. But unlike any other book, Stein not only shows you how to live “green” in seemingly stable times, but to live in the face of potential disasters, lasting days or years, coming in the form of social upheaval, economic meltdown, or environmental catastrophe.