*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Search Results: 8
Not what you are searching for? Try a different search criteria or contact us and we will assist you.
There are articles in the Resources section that match your criteria.
In order to best assist our users, Experts.com provides the option of sending a synopsis of your inquiry to the experts listed on our site for FREE. Please place a check mark next to the experts that you wish to contact and then click on the “SynapsUs” button on the bottom of the page.
Timothy A. Dimoff, CPP, founder and president of SACS Consulting & Investigative Services, Inc. a leading security consulting firm, has over 40 years of experience in Law Enforcement and Security matters for both the public and private sectors. He is multi-certified in the security field and is considered one of the nation's leading authorities on negligent security procedures; security & vulnerability issues; police procedures and operations including use of force; high-risk workplace and human resource issues; narcotics investigations and enforcement.
Mr. Dimoff is board certified by ASIS as a Certified Protection Professional (CPP?) which is internationally recognized as the “gold standard” certification for security management professionals, demonstrating their knowledge and competency in seven key domains of security.
Litigation Support - Mr. Dimoff has over 20 years of experience in testifying and consulting as an expert witness in over 500 cases and trials for both the plaintiff and the defense sides. His expert witness experience includes law enforcement procedures, security negligence of business or physical premises, human resources issues, meeting standards of practice in hiring and termination, employment practices, proper documentation, training, supervision, policies and procedures, harassment, discrimination, internal investigations, threats and excessive use of force.
Mr. Dimoff is a renowned speaker, trainer, and author who has offered expert commentary to national media including Dateline, NBC, CNN, The Chicago Tribune, The New York Times, The LA Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal. He is the author of four books, including How to Recognize Substance Abuse, The YOU in Business, and Life Rage, a chilling examination of societal rage and safeguards against it.
Mr. Dimoff holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Criminology from Denison University.
Areas of Expertise:
Employment Expert Witness Brian Kleiner
Brian H. Kleiner
Professor of Human Resource Management
at a prestigious Cailfornia university
551 Santa Barbara Avenue
phone: 714-879-9705 or 714-595-1891
Dr. Brian H. Kleiner was a former Human Resource Manager for Ford Motor Company. He has had over 100 private and public consulting clients and has trained thousands of employees.
Dr. Kleiner taught three 36-hour courses on KLCS-TV, has over 500 publications, and has given trial / arbitration testimony in over 70 cases, including one resulting in a $12.5 million plaintiffs verdict in 2014 concerning disability discrimination and wrongful termination. He has been profiled in Bender's California Labor and Employment Bulletin in 2007 as a result of his overall forensic expert successes and other achievements.
- B.S. in Business Administration, Drexel
- MBA, UCLA
- Ph.D. Management, UCLA
Mr. Coleman's academic background includes a Juris Doctor degree from Southwestern University in Los Angeles and a Masters in Public Health degree with a Hospital Administration major and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, both from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Litigation Support - As a hospital administration expert witness consultant, Mr. Coleman is an advocate for applying community standards which are relevant, based upon the time frame, subject matter and administrative practice(s) appropriate to each case. He has consulted and provided case review, expert witness services, and/or strategic litigation preparation services in more than 200 legal matters. He accepts cases on behalf of Plaintiffs or Defendants.
Mr. Coleman is willing to serve as either a work product consultant or a designated expert based upon the particular strategic litigation needs of each case.
- Medical Staff Credentialing & Clinical Privileging / ELAM
- Negligent Credentialing, Negligent Supervision, Negligent Retention
- Hospital / Physician Relations-MEJIA Ostensible Agency Issues
- Administrative Community Standards
- Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations
- Provider-Based Physician Contracting Negotiations & Contract Administration
- Administrative Policies & Procedures
- Hospital Joint Commission Accreditation, Licensing & Regulatory Compliance Issues
- Wrongful Termination / Constructive Discharge / Whistleblower Issues
- Patient rights; Informed Consent
- Patient Safety; Environment of Care
- Governance; Corporate Negligence
Robert S. Griswold, CRE, CPM, CCIM, PCAM, CCAM, GRI, ARM, has over 30 years of specialized experience in the field of Real Estate Management. He is currently active as a day-to-day hands-on, licensed practitioner, consultant, and expert witness in all aspects of real estate (except valuation). A 3-time graduate of the distinguished Marshall School of Business at the University of Southern California with a BS ('81), MBA ('86) and MSBA (2nd Masters) ('88) in real estate and related disciplines, Mr. Griswold is a recognized expert on management of all types of residential real estate. He has actively managed over 60,000 residential units and several million square feet of commercial, industrial, self-storage and retail properties nationally. He has extensive experience as a court-appointed receiver (over 160 times) for private lenders and major financial institutions.
Litigation Support - In the last 25+ years, Mr. Griswold has consulted on over 2,000 litigation matters, has been deposed over 600 times, and provided sworn testimony in trial or arbitration on over 150 occasions in both state and federal litigation matters throughout the United States. Also serving as a court-appointed bankruptcy Custodian and Referee, his case work is very evenly divided between plaintiff and defense work. Mr. Griswold is uniquely qualified to opine on real estate related litigation matters having authored or co-authored the 9 best selling real estate books: Real Estate Investing For Dummies; Property Management Kit For Dummies; Mortgage Management for Dummies and Landlord's Legal Kit For Dummies. His 15+ years as an On-Air NBC-TV Real Estate Expert and a similar tenure as a major radio station weekly talk show host have prepared him to present opinions to juries.
Areas of Expertise:
Law Enforcement Expert Witness Robert Johnson
Robert T. Johnson
Lt. Colonel (R)
Palos Heights IL
Robert T. Johnson is a Law Enforcement Veteran with 32 years of active service. As a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the Illinois State Police, Mr. Johnson continues to serve as a private consultant and expert witness regarding Law Enforcement Policies and Practices most frequently for Use of Force and Police Pursuits but has also testified regarding other police policy & practices issues. He also conducts Sensitive Internal Investigations as an independent investigator for municipalities regarding allegations of Police Misconduct.
Mr. Johnson has extensive experience in Police Administration, Management and Supervision, Criminal Investigations, Use of Force and Officer Invoved Shooting Investigations,Patrol Procedures, Complaint/Internal Investigations and Task Force Operations. Robert Johnson has been qualified as an expert witness in state and federal court. He has consulted and testified for numerous police agencies as well as plaintiffs in litigation regarding the use of force/deadly force, pursuits, emergency vehicle response, and other policy issues. Mr. Johnson has been retained as an expert in well over 150 cases and has testified at several civil trials, State & Federal.
Areas of Expertise:
- Agency Policies, Practices and Customs
- Batons, Flashlights and other Impact Weapons
- Chemical Irritants & Electrical Weapons
- Deadly Force; Shooting Avoidance and Alternatives
- Employee Dishonesty Investigations
- Neck Restraints and Similar Defensive Tactics
- Positional Restraint Asphyxia
- Prisoner Transport, Restraints, Handcuffing and Hog-tying
- Retention of a Known Unfit Employee or Negligent Entrustment of a Weapon
- Search and Seizure
- Standards for Discipline, Internal Affairs Procedures, (In)Adequate Punishment
- Use/Protection of Confidential Informants
- Vehicle Pursuit & Emergency Response Policies & Techniques
Mr. Murphy provides Security Expert Witness testimony for plaintiff or defense in a broad area of security liability. He specializes in Crime Analysis to establish Foreseeability and to determine the Reasonableness of security measures. Mr. Murphy has extensive litigation experience opposing Wal Mart. Plaintiff 60% Defendant 40%
Areas of expertise:
- Premises Liability and Inadequate Security - apartment communities, bars and Other adult Entertainment venues, malls and shopping centers, parking garages / lots, motel, restaurants
- Retail Loss Prevention - hiring, training and supervision, false arrest, shoplifting, excessive use of force, death during apprehensions, false imprisonment, employee theft, wrongful termination in malls, and major retail settings
- Bouncers, Bars, Nightclubs, and Security Guards - mall security, shopping center security, proprietary and contract security guards and off duty police
- Insurance Casualty Claims - adequacy of security hardware such as burglar alarms, robbery alarms, closed circuit television (CCTV), fencing, fictitious pickups of goods and cargo theft at warehouses and distribution centers
Owner and Lead Expert Witness at School Liability Expert Group. Expert witness services for plaintiff and defendant attorneys litigating cases involving the question of liability for wrongful death, personal injury, sexual harassment/abuse, Title IX, Section 1983, in daycare through college/university and other child and youth-serving organizations. Court-qualified with more than 40 years experience in school/agency administration and expert witness work. International practice.
DOCTORATE: Rutgers University - Education Administration.
MASTERS: College of NJ - Special Education. MASTERS: University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Law Center - Education Law.
LAWYERS - Case review and analysis, litigation support. Expert reports, deposition and trial testimony.
SCHOOLS - Liability and management assessments. Policy review and recommendations. Special seminars.
Michael J. Canaan, CPP CFLC, is a Premises Liability Expert Witness with over 45 years of experience in military and civil law enforcement, as well as corporate and private sector security and investigative positions.
Assignments have taken him from the Bering Sea to Southeast Alaska, across Canada and the United States, to countries in Central and South American in case venues ranging from educational settings, amphitheaters and stadiums, nightclubs and sports bars, ships, casinos, retail environments, food processing facilities, malls, and shopping centers.
Expert cases have involved evaluating failure to meet best practices, duty or standard of care in areas such as:
- Inadequate or negligent hiring, retention, training, supervision, staffing, and terminations
- Use of force or excessive force, threats, harassment, and intimidation
- Inadequate or non-non-existent policies and procedures, post orders
- Assaults, voyeurism, rape, sexual assault, robbery, shootings, stabbing, and homicide
- Security technology integration, improper or inadequate physical security infrastructure or systems installation
- Workplace violence
Mr. Canaan has worked over 35 expert cases, with testimony experience in both deposition and trial.
He is Board Certified in Security Management by the American Society for Industrial Security, International. ASIS is the largest professional security practitioner association with over 38,000 members worldwide, of which only 2200 have received this prestigious certification. Mr. Canaan is also a Certified Forensic Litigation Consultant with the Forensic Expert Witness Association.