Georgia J. Persky RN, MBA, PhD, CLNC
, is a seasoned nurse with over 40 years of broad Clinical Nursing
experience and 25 years of Senior Leadership in Healthcare Organizations. She has expertise in the micro issues in direct patient care and the broad Management, Quality, and State, Federal, and Joint Commission regulatory issues in hospitals.
Dr. Persky provides private consulting for entrepreneurs and hospitals that want to improve patient care quality and satisfaction. A national speaker and author, her services are in demand for engagements on healthcare issues
Litigation Consulting Support
- As a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
and Quality Reviewer, Dr. Persky has investigated hundreds of Malpractice and Injury
cases as a quality reviewer and can assist in legal case review with chronologies, timelines, and evidence based reports. Dr. Persky's services are available to attorneys for plaintiff and defense seeking an expert in nursing and patient care with a strong understanding of how hospitals work.
Facility Consulting Services
- Provide hospital and nursing leadership and support in turnaround or acute regulatory situations
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate Patient Care Services structure, processes and patient satisfaction initiatives
- Mentor nursing leadership team or screen and recruit new leadership
- Recommend strategies and tactics to improve efficiency or effectiveness in nursing and hospital operations
- Assess Perioperative Services and improve volume and patient flow
- Provide focused plan and implementation to address regulatory and accreditation issues and prepare leaders and staff for regulatory visits
- Develop Nursing, Operational and Strategic plan for handoff to new leadership team
- Dr. Persky served as Vice-President of Nursing and Patient Care Services for New York Presbyterian Hospital at Columbia University Medical Center. For nine years, she was responsible for Risk and Quality Management
and Patient Satisfaction
for a 750 bed academic hospital. She directed a $200 million budget with 33 patient services units and Care Management, Respiratory Therapy, Social Work and Admitting Departments with 9 direct reports and 2,000 patient services FTEs.
View Dr. Persky's Expert Witness Profile