has more than 25 years of experience in the Telecommunications Industry
: as a research analyst, consultant and testifying expert witness. Complementing his industry focus, he has a broad skill set including technologies, market analysis, regulation, economics and finance.
- Prior to founding WiseHarbor in 2006, Mallinson led Yankee Group's global Wireless/Mobile research and consulting team as Executive Vice President, based in Boston, from 2000. Until then, he had overall responsibility for the firm's European division, as Managing Director from 1995. Prior to that he was the European Research Director.
Keith Mallinson started his career in military communications design, project management and commercial systems engineering at the UK Ministry of Defence. He also worked as an engineer at an electronic security systems company. For several years he was a director at a seed capital investment firm specializing in ICT and biotechnology. He has an undergraduate electronic engineering degree from London University's Imperial College and an MBA from the London Business School, including an academic exchange with Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management in Illinois.
Mr. Mallinson has published numerous articles and speaks publicly at major industry events on a wide variety of topics including next generation mobile network technologies, broadband wireless, fixed mobile convergence and substitution, handset semiconductor technologies, intellectual property patents and licensing, emerging markets in developing nations, mobile search and advertising.
- Having published research on a wide variety of commercial, technical, and regulatory matters, Keith Mallinson applies his skills in market and competitive analysis, in advocacy, and expert testimony. He couples sector knowledge with financial and economic analysis to derive valuations or estimate litigation damages. His skills span Telecommunication Industry Analysis and Patent Licensing
. Mr. Mallinson's services are available to attorneys representing both plaintiff and defendant.
Areas of Expertise
View Keith Mallinson's Consulting Profile
- Cell Towers, Cell Masts and Micro Sites
- Radio and Core Network Equipment
- Devices including smartphones
- Telecommunications Chips and Software
- Mobile Voice and Messaging
|Video ProcessingMobile CommerceInternet of Things (IoT)Telecommunications InnovationTelecommunications CompetitionIntellectual Property and Technology Licensing|
Technology innovation by chip, device and equipment vendors plus intense competition among national oligopolies of mobile network operators has improved cellular performance and reduced costs to the enormous benefit of consumers. Meanwhile, recent financial gains in the mobile ecosystem are largely accruing to Silicon Valley's tech titans including Apple, Alphabet, Facebook and Netflix. The massive network investments required for 5G may not be forthcoming if this imbalance persists.