Nikki Mehrpoo Jacobson has over 22 years of legal experience as an Attorney at Law, Professor of Law, Expert Witness, and Legal Consultant. She specializes in all aspects of Immigration and Worker's Compensation (employment, independent contractor) issues.
Ms. Jacobson is the first and only California attorney certified as a Dual Specialist In Immigration & Workers’ Compensation By The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. She has been a dedicated advocate for California injured workers and immigrants from all over the world. She has focused her practice of law exclusively on workers’ compensation and immigration law.
Ms. Jacobson began her legal career in 1997 after earning her law degree from Pepperdine University School of Law and her admission to The State Bar of California. She is a highly respected and involved member of the legal community. As a committed Los Angeles lawyer, Ms. Jacobson continues to be a strong advocate and ally. As a refugee, she understands the issues and hardships her clients face everyday.
She has been recognized for legal knowledge and experience by Los Angeles Magazine, Super Lawyers, Avvo.com and Martindale Hubbell.
Areas of Expertise:
- 1099 Audits and Compliance
- Affidavit of Support / Spousal Support
- Business Immigration
- CA Workers' Compensation Appeals Board
- Dissolution of Marriage Immigration Issues
- Employment Visas
- Family Immigration
- Green Card
- I-9 / Audits / Compliance
- Immigration Applications
- Immigration and Criminal Matters
- Immigration Malpractice
- Immigration Spousal Support
- Immigration Status
- Immigration Waivers
- Independent Contractor Audits / Compliance
- Industrial Injuries
- Investment Visas
- Lawful Permanent Resident
- LGBTQ Immigration
- Marriage & Family Immigration
- Undocumented Workers / Employees
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Workers’ Compensation Bad Faith
- Workers’ Compensation Claims Investigation
- Workers’ Compensation Fee Disputes
- Workplace Violence
View The Jacobson Law Firm's Consulting Profile.