Michael A. Pollock, PE, USPTO, is a Mechanical Engineer responsible for the design and engineering of commercial, industrial, manufacturing, institutional, and residential venues, as well as efforts relating to services and products used in and around these facilities. Mr. Pollock's full CV can be viewed at cogentexpert.com.
Business and industries include electronics, safety and construction, building materials, polymers and plastics, instrumentation manufacturing, petrochemicals, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, colleges, athletic facilities, textiles, coatings and resins, food storage, biosciences, supermarkets, inks & pigments, automotive, facility and real estate operations, agricultural, transportation, nuclear, healthcare, nutrition, retail, distributors, pulp and paper, packaging, utilities, apparel, and R&D centers.
Litigation Support - Mr. Pollock is a subject matter expert in Commercial and Industrial Engineering Applications and Projects, as well as engineering standards and applicable codes (ASHRAE, ASME, NIST, NFPA, NBIC, ASTM, SAE, LEED, ASCE, GMP, ISA, BOCA, and EPA Regulations.) He has engaged with local, state, and governmental officials and agencies regarding numerous matters over his commensurate years of experience.
Areas of Expertise:
- Investment Engineering Economics
- Mechanical Engineering Standard of Care
- Architectural Standard of Care
- Construction Delay
- Construction Defect
- Construction Schedule Analysis
- Accident Analysis
- Metallurgical Failure
- Rotating Equipment
- Electrical Failure
- Chemical Failure
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Water Treatment
- Steam Systems and Boilers
- Power and Utilities
- Energy Conservation
- Environmental Impact
- Project Management
- Product Development
- Professional Engineer: PA (PE075410)
- American Bar Association (ABA) – Construction Forum
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Clean Air Act Certification – Universal (includes Chillers, HVAC & Refrigeration)
- United States Patent & Trademark Office Registered (USPTO)
Forensic Consulting Experience
Warehouse Distribution Facility – Maryland - Evaluated a $10M (million) claim relating to purported construction defect claims by the 600,000 sq. ft. facility owner against the facility construction contractor and an original equipment manufacturer relating to installed infrastructure in the facility. Developed an expert opinion and expert report regarding the analysis of the purported defects and a proposed repair solution to correct said defects.
Psychiatric Hospital Facility – North Carolina – Evaluated a $28M (million) construction claim by the general contractor against a hospital facility concerning a $100M facility construction project. Developed an expert opinion and report for general construction issues, constructability, design revisions, and corresponding delay analysis for mechanical, HVAC, electrical, smoke and fire, structural, security and building automation systems.
Forensics Consulting Work-in-Progress
- 2022 – International Trade Commission (ITC) Matter – Resin Manufacturing Facility Construction Delay / Completeness Analysis
- 2022 – Mechanical Systems Coatings Matter Analysis
- 2021 – Industrial Manufacturing Facility Standard of Care Matter, Construction Defect, Construction Delay
- 2021 – Electrical Distribution System Construction Defect Matter, Standard of Care
- 2021 – Hotel Facility HVAC Materials of Construction Related Defect Matter