Gerald (Gerry) Nielsen, PMP, founder of Ocean Ridge Maritime, is a Project Management Professional with over 35 years of experience in the Commercial Maritime, Offshore, and Cruise Industries. Mr. Nielsen serves as an Expert Witness, Consultant, Project Manager, Surveyor, and Auditor for the Maritime and Offshore Industries.
Past Positions Include:
- Rig Assurance, Preservation (Stacking), and Reactivations - Transocean Offshore Drilling
- Global Consulting Operations (VP) - ABS Nautical Systems
- Maritime Audit Services (Director) - Carnival Corporation
- Environmental and Safety Management (Director) - Cunard Line Limited
- Designated Person Ashore - Cunard Line and Seabourn Cruise Line
- New Construction Surveyor - American Bureau of Shipping
- ISM / ISO Auditor - American Bureau of Shipping
- Shipboard Engineer - Exxon Shipping Company and Global Marine Drilling
Litigation Support: Since the Exxon Valdez incident and response, through development of DOJ mandated Compliance Programs, to conducting ECP Audits as Third Party Auditor, Mr. Nielsen has been providing consulting services related to litigation. In recent years, Ocean Ridge Maritime has been engaged for Jones Act Injury Cases, Regulatory (Environmental) Compliance Audits, Technical Opinions related to Oil Spill damages, and MARPOL Compliance.
Areas of Expertise:
- PMI certified Project Management Professional
- Offshore Project Assurance / Acceptance Testing
- Marine and Offshore Survey
- Project Assurance and Commissioning
- Asset Management and Maintenance Systems
- Risk Assessments / Audit Plan Development
- Safety Management System Development
- EHS Management Regulatory Compliance
View Ocean Ridge Maritime's Consulting Profile.