*Enter State Names or Abbreviations. Use space to separate multiple states e.g. CA Washington NY
Radiation Safety Expert Witnesses: 2
- Expert Witness - Medical malpractice, misadministration, medical event (Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine)
- Expert Witness - Radiation exposure, radiation dose, radioactivity and radiobiological calculations
- Expert Witness – Patent infringement (intellectual property all categories)
- Expert Witness – Medical physics, supervision of (medical physicist, dosimetrist, radiation therapist, radiologic technologist)
- Expert Witness - Termination of employment
Michael S. Gossman, M.S., DABR, FAAPM, is a Board Certified Qualified Expert Medical Physicist, an honorary Fellow of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), and the Chief Medical Physicist & Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) in Radiation Oncology at a clinic in Indiana. Chief Gossman is directly and ultimately responsible for all technical and scientific aspects of cancer treatment. He directly supervises and oversees efforts from staff medical physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists and x-ray technologists.
Chief Gossman is the highest ranking scientist in medicine and has been in the field for 24 years. Chief Gossman's expertise involves the safe, effective and precise delivery of radiation to achieve the therapeutic result prescribed in patient care by radiation oncologists striving to treat cancer patients with particle accelerators and radioactive material.
Extra-professionally, Chief Gossman is retired as the Interim Editor-in-Chief and Editorial Board Member for the Medical Dosimetry Journal, Editorial Board Member for the Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, served four years as a Medical Consultant to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and was a veteran Accreditation Site Reviewer for both the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO). He was a 2-term Ohio River Valley Chapter President of the AAPM, and was also formerly a Graduate School Professor of Clinical Medical Physics at Wright State University.
As an expert in radiation safety, dosimetry, detector measurements, particle accelerator and radioactive material calibrations, and radioactive material handling, Chief Gossman is a highly respected medical physicist by medical physicists nationally. He is also the owner of Regulation Directive Medical Physics, which he created as a consulting company, providing services for medical physics, dosimetry, medical device testing, and expert witness efforts.
- Medical expert witness
- Medical consultant
- Legal consultant
- Review of: medical event, malpractice, and misadministration
- Regulatory compliance
- Investigation and audits
- Independent medical evaluation of the probable deterministic effects of radiation exposures
- Facility practice vs. standards review
- Accreditation preparation
- Shielding calculations
- Accelerator acceptance testing & commissioning
- Quality assurance
- Peer review of the Chief Medical Physicist
- Radiation measurements
- Radiation calculations
- Radiation safety
- Dose determination
- Calibration of medical accelerators
- Treatment planning
- Calculation of time and dose for treatment
- Handling, shipping, receiving, and storing radioactive material
- Calibrating radioactive material
- Regulatory compliance
- Interpretation of bioassay results and other data related to radiation exposure
- Calculation of internal and external radiation doses, as necessary
I bring diverse, combined education, licensing, and credentialing in geology, biology, and hazardous materials management. Indoor air quality as related to asbestos, mold, lead, building hazards, vapor intrusion, OSHA worker and occupant complaints.
I manage a firm of environmental and industrial hygiene professionals while serving as an expert in my diverse field; I have over 60 retained cases complete. I can cost effectively support engagements that may require extensive data gathering across an expanded time frame. I apply my capabilities and credentials across commercial, industrial, and oil & gas settings, with a technical focus on highly regulated industry and real estate.
I have been steadily retained for expert witness services since 1995.
I specialize in structural fire forensic investigation and testing, routinely leverage post-flood emergency response expertise in buildings, specific to microbial disinfection, mold mitigation, and source mold under forensic methods of investigation that may exist under alleged building construction defects. I possess expertise in building systems and mitigating hazards from structures in advance of demolition for asbestos, lead, and other regulated materials. I prepare, implement (and/or critically review) asbestos specifications, mold remediation protocols, OSHA-driven lead specifications, and remediation soil management plans.
I have evaluated diverse workplaces following loss reports due to alleged safety and public health concerns and offered mitigation strategies for worker safety under OSHA complaints, especially regarding respiratory protection. I have served as an expert for multiple worker injury and wrongful death allegations within the context of environmental exposure.