- Uses environmentally sustainable practices to produce approximately 650,000 tons of chlorine-free, bleach kraft pulp annually
- Generates approximately $155 million in annual revenue
- Has approximately 500 employees across all its locations
HOW THE CLIENT OPERATES
the implementation is complete, the company is relying on a number of different applications to store, manage, and report on various aspects of its core business. Many of these applications are highly customized, and some are decades old making ongoing support and upgrades difficult and expensive.
Other challenges include:
- Many manual processes with much use of Excel
- Lack of process documentation and no job descriptions
CURRENTLY REALIZED BENEFITS OF CHANGE MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE
- The client now sees the importance of focusing on the people side of change
- We increased the level of engagement from the project team and core team
Panorama is serving as the organizational change management (OCM) advisor during the implementation. The implementation involves the deployment of several SAP S/4HANA modules as well as a few add-on solutions.
We are rolling out our OCM engagement in several phases to align with other implementation activities. Our OCM efforts focus on the following areas:
- Readiness Assessments
- Engagement and Leadership
- Resistance Management
- Ongoing Feedback
- Change Reinforcement
- Results Management
"WE WORKED VERY CLOSELY WITH THE PROJECT MANAGER AND THE OCM TEAM TO CREATE A COMPREHENSIVE CHANGE MANAGEMENT PLAN TO SUPPORT THE ERP IMPLEMENTATION. THIS INVOLVED ENGAGING IMPACTED STAKEHOLDERS AS WELL AS INFLUENTIAL STAKEHOLDERS."
Rich Platz, Senior Consultant
Panorama Consulting Group
At this point in the implementation, we have completed the following activities:
- Developing an OCM strategy, roadmap, and plan
- Establishing project branding
- Conducting OCM training for key management personnel
- Developing a change champions network, which we meet with once a month
- Conducting change champion training with a focus on resistance management
- Developing a stakeholder assessment by holding one-on-one discussions to understand stakeholder needs
- Conducting a change impact analysis with a strong focus on changes to roles and responsibilities
- Developing business readiness criteria and conducting readiness assessment focus groups with a total of 50 stakeholders
- Designating an OCM sponsor from the client’s senior leadership team
- Developing a communications strategy and plan providing the framework for communications with various project stakeholders and impacted team members
- Developing a training strategy providing high-level direction on who requires what types of training and how it will be developed and delivered.
While the implementation is still underway, we are ensuring transparent tracking and reporting on change management deliverables to the project management team. This involves weekly status reports with clear identification of estimated work remaining to achieve deliverables.
We are currently in the fourth phase of our OCM initiative with one phase remaining. ERP golive is scheduled for October 2022.
Panorama Consulting Group is a technology-agnostic consultancy specializing in Digital Business Transformation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Implementations for mid- to large-sized private- and public-sector organizations worldwide. This highly respected firm is 100% independent of software and technology vendor affiliation. They offer a phased and integrated approach to strategy alignment and execution, enabling each client to achieve its unique business transformation objectives by transforming its people, processes, and technology.
Panorama clients include multi-national conglomerates from Amazon Robotics to Valcor Engineering, as well as governmental entities, including state and local governments, municipalities, school districts, state offices of the attorney general, and tribal governments.
©Copyright - All Rights Reserved
DO NOT REPRODUCE WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION BY AUTHOR.