- A tax and accounting firm with revenue between $500,000 and $1,000,000, was growing both organically and through acquisition.
- This firm had a conglomerate of various software. The main financial system (used for time, billing, and financials) was at “end of life,” meaning it was not going to be supported by the vendor in about two years time.
- Additionally, the firm’s systems were not scalable with the growth they were experiencing, unless they continuously added support staff.
- The firm wanted a flexible, scalable system that could meet its unique billing needs along with its new revenue recognition standards.
Panorama was engaged to look at replacements for the main system and review how the firm could leverage a new ERP to eliminate some of the other systems in their landscape.
We helped the firm with the following activities:
- Identifying the major requirements for the new ERP system
- Developing a list of pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Developing a list of pre-implementation projects that should be started and/or completed before beginning the ERP implementation
- Identifying and evaluating different technical options for the deployment of the new system
- Making a short list recommendation of two final vendors that could meet most of the needs of the firmMany manual processes with much use of Excel
Due to a large acquisition, the project was put on hold for two years and was restarted again in Q2 of 2022.
Panorama is now updating all documents, re-engaging the vendors, and working on a new recommendation for the firm to act on by the end of May.
The primary reason leadership brought back Panorama was the effort and knowledge the team displayed in the first evaluation.
Panorama Consulting Group is a technology-agnostic consultancy specializing in Digital Business Transformation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Implementations for mid- to large-sized private- and public-sector organizations worldwide. This highly respected firm is 100% independent of software and technology vendor affiliation. They offer a phased and integrated approach to strategy alignment and execution, enabling each client to achieve its unique business transformation objectives by transforming its people, processes, and technology.
Panorama clients include multi-national conglomerates from Amazon Robotics to Valcor Engineering, as well as governmental entities, including state and local governments, municipalities, school districts, state offices of the attorney general, and tribal governments.
©Copyright - All Rights Reserved
DO NOT REPRODUCE WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION BY AUTHOR.